1.0 Position Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for preparing cost and material estimates by analyzing proposals and specific project requirements. Responsible for gathering and preparing data analysis in order to meet proposed sales, profit, cost and expense objectives.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying blueprints, specifications, bid documents and related documents.
• Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements and related expenses. Constantly seeks to resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information from past, current and future projects.
• Presents prepared estimates and proposals by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information using appropriate software systems and databases. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains database by entering client job specific information and backing up data.
• Contributes to team effort by being very detail oriented, performing estimates that are accurate and up to date using the most recent project and cost data available.
• Prepares and manage expense budget for travel.
• Analyzes relative sales data to identify market trends. Provide key strategic input in order to improve profitability and increase sales. Analyze sales and market data and updates management.
• Other duties as required.
3.0 Working Relationships/Reporting:
Collaborates closely with Project Manager, Sales, Purchasing, Engineering and various support departments in Winchester, VA. Reports to Service Manager.
4.0 Qualifications/Job Requirements (Education/Experience):
Technical degree or equivalent plus five years of experience in cost estimating. Preferred background in construction or industrial estimating. Technical skills in cost estimating, field service industry and preferably coatings applied to metal fabrication.
Ability to analyze and develop data, draw logical conclusions producing easily readable reports, bids and proposal estimates. Computer proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint softwares. Ability to travel up to 25% including travel to field and plant visits.
5.0 Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Requires sitting, bending, reaching, climbing ladders, entering into confined spaces, and climbing stairs. May require lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual agility sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Work environment is typical of an office environment with moderate interruption of sound and conversation. Additional work environment is that of an industrial facility with elevated sound, hot and cold temperature variation.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
VISA sponsorship not available for this position
Local Candidates Only Please