ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is focused on knowing and managing all production work occurring under Specialty Finishes control. This includes being involved in the extension of Specialty Finishes into relationships with customers for all coating and decking projects. The position entails production management for all work through existing superintendents and supervisors including tanks and voids, exterior decking, and interior decking. This position also requires the ability to identify business opportunities, create new relationships, maintain current relationships and determine which business opportunities have the most strategic value. It requires marketing skills with the specific goals of expanding market share, establishing a positive reputation, and increasing revenues.
(This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities)
1. Works with and directs existing production leadership to formulate and implement strategies for doing coatings and decking work. High degree of technical competence and past leadership involving protective coating work is a must.
2. Experience in team building, coaching, and mentoring those in the trade
3. Knowledge of targeted customer base. Able to communicate and work with known and prospective customers throughout the Pacific Northwest/other regional markets
4. Establishes and maintains effective customer relations through demonstrated work history, responsiveness to business needs, and project status; able to build strong working relationships with customers and vendors to assure cost effective pricing and services.
5. Resolves issues on a day-to-day basis with customers, owners, Port authorities, and other interested parties. Represents the Company fairly and consistently when interacting with customers.
6. Identifies and schedules key and critical path work items; communicates and tracks achievement of critical pay items.
7. Identifies and resolves ambiguities or inconsistencies in specifications or bid packages that could affect cost, prior to contract finalization.
8. Partners with estimating regarding customer’s scope of work; has a strong%