Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems
Location: Plymouth, MI
Job Title: Machinist
Reports to: Machinist Leader
The Machinist will perform various turning, milling, drilling and related operations (including inspection work) to products. Activities include set-up and/or operation of assigned machines using appropriate measuring and inspection equipment, monitoring the process and taking corrective action as indicated.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Locate and read blueprints, job travelers and bills of material.
• Set up and operate standard tool room mills and lathes and teardown fixtures and tooling.
• Responsible for machine offsets.
• Use measuring instruments to ensure conformance of finished part to specifications.
• Responsible for upkeep of machines including cleaning, filling oils, filling coolants, and other production maintenance.
• Responsible for burring parts, checking parts, and completing audit sheets.
• Must be able to communicate with leaders and work well with others in a team environment.
• Must be familiar with the production goals of the department; assist in meeting those goals through the application of best practices identified by Engineering and Management.
• Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
• Conformance to production and administrative procedures.
• Enhancement of existing processes.
• Work efficiently throughout day in spite of machine downtime or other delays in production.