PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
- Supervise Color Technicians
- Manage projects.
- Develop new scratch and accutint formulas.
- Make judgment all on color acceptability in plant batches and accutints.
- Maintain color files and standards.
- Utilize work time as necessary to complete color projects; work overtime as needed.
- Enter and revise color formulas into computer system.
- Housekeeping, 5S, and Safety.
- Communicate with customer service, customers, stores, and warehouses regarding color issues and challenges.
- Ensure maintenance and calibration of color equipment.
- Travel as needed for training personnel on color spectrometers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college background a plus or 3 years experience in color matching and development.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access (preferred).
- Management or Supervisory skills (2-3 years).
- Good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Experience in coatings a plus.
- Color matching visually and instrumentally using color spectrometer.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.