The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation
||CA - San Francisco CA
$109,948 - $132,787/year
To be considered for this position you must click "Apply Now" on this posting. You will then be directed to our website where you can find our Employment Application. Please complete the application and return.
Under general direction from the Deputy General Manager, Bridge Division (Bridge Manager), plans, organizes and directs the activities of the District’s Bridge Painters, Paint Laborers and House and Sign Painters. Prepares instructions, develops and coordinates methods and procedures, sets priorities, assigns work, supervises workers and inspects completed work. Responsible for all paint and coating related maintenance activities on the Bridge and at other District facilities. Prepares and/or reviews plans, specifications and cost estimates for coating and painting projects under his or her responsibility. Responsibilities include planning and direction of department staff, contact with management, engineering and other District personnel to coordinate activities. Prepares and administers budgets, administers Human Resources policies and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) and performs other departmental administrative duties as required.
Training and experience equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in a related field. Additional or alternate qualifying experience may be substituted and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Ten years of position related experience including structural steel painting including at least four years of supervisory experience required.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises, through subordinate supervisory personnel, all activities of the Paint Department.
- Review work requests, determines cost and staffing requirements, sets priorities and assigns work to be performed.
- Inspects work in progress to assure compliance with applicable codes, specifications methods and procedures. Inspects completed work to ensure that applicable standards have been met.
- Coordinates department activities with other departments and divisions as required.
- Confers with paint suppliers, manufacturers, chemists and other industry experts to determine most effective materials and methods for paint work on Bridge.
- Prepare annual departmental operating budget.
- Track expenditures and administer departmental activities to ensure that all operations of department are within budget.
- Develop capital budget recommendations.
- Administers all provisions of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) between District and unions within department.
- Administers Human Resources policies and procedures in accordance with District policies and procedures in accordance with District policy and applicable MOUs.
- Participates in union negotiations.
- Administers employee discipline and conducts first step grievance hearings.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and inspect all work conducted by Paint Department of both routine and non-routine nature.
- Collaborate with Engineering Department in the development of painting related specifications for construction work.
- Supervise training of department personnel.
- Advises Human Resources Department regarding selection process for new employees and make final hiring decisions for departmental positions.
- Performs administrative duties such as: keeping records of work performed, enforcing District rules and regulations, scheduling vacations and holidays, overseeing departmental purchasing and inventory control, reviewing and approving employee time reports, developing and overseeing work safety rules.
- Coordinates Bridge Division hazardous waste collection, storage and disposal in collaboration with the EH&S Department.
- Coordinate Bridge wastewater disposal in compliance with permit conditions and in collaboration with the EH&S Department
- Stay abreast of technologies and developments in the structural steel painting industry. Evaluate these technologies for possible use on the Bridge.
- Prepare and maintain documentation related to maintenance painting operations on the Bridge including the performance of various coatings and surface preparation methods.
- Represent the District in interviews with the media regarding Bridge painting.
- Coordinates Department safety training and related activities.
- Ensures that those safety programs activities applicable to his or her department are effectively implemented and the department follows established safe work practices and obey all safety rules.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
Safeguard Assets. Ensure Productivity. HAKI®
Protect assets and equipment. Keep facilities open and operational. Maintain schedules regardless of weather. Ensure smooth and continuous production. Easy to erect. Safway is the primary distributor of HAKI® products including HAKISPAN and HAKITEC® 750 – in North America.
Jotachar JF750 - The Time Saving Solution
The only mesh free solution for jet fire scenarios. Jotachar saves installation time and material costs - the next generation of epoxy passive fire protection.
The Original Performance Proven Vacuum Solutions
Vecloader™ DV 145, 350hp 6200 CFM & 28’’hg. For those big jobs, choose Vector for the most powerful trailer mounted vacuum in the industry today. 800-832-4010, 414-247-7100.
The Sidewinder Model M2 Solvent Recycler
Combat the rising cost of gunwash, thinners, acetone & more while drastically reducing waste disposal coat.
Trusted worldwide for advanced protective coatings
–Full range of
–Fast, reliable service worldwide. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MP0R with rotating display screen
Automatic rotating display screen just like your smart phone. Click for Video
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
Toss Out Your Paper-Based Training!
Discover a new, interactive way of learning with the first module, Safety Codes, Practices, and Standards, of NACE’s Industrial Coating Application eCourse.
Accept No Substitute
This is World of Concrete—a firm foundation for the concrete and masonry industries and the first and most important international annual event of the year.