The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation
||CA - San Francisco CA
$109,948 - $132,787/year
To be considered for this position you must click "Apply Now" on this posting. You will then be directed to our website where you can find our Employment Application. Please complete the application and return.
Under general direction from the Deputy General Manager, Bridge Division (Bridge Manager), plans, organizes and directs the activities of the District’s Bridge Painters, Paint Laborers and House and Sign Painters. Prepares instructions, develops and coordinates methods and procedures, sets priorities, assigns work, supervises workers and inspects completed work. Responsible for all paint and coating related maintenance activities on the Bridge and at other District facilities. Prepares and/or reviews plans, specifications and cost estimates for coating and painting projects under his or her responsibility. Responsibilities include planning and direction of department staff, contact with management, engineering and other District personnel to coordinate activities. Prepares and administers budgets, administers Human Resources policies and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) and performs other departmental administrative duties as required.
Training and experience equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in a related field. Additional or alternate qualifying experience may be substituted and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Ten years of position related experience including structural steel painting including at least four years of supervisory experience required.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises, through subordinate supervisory personnel, all activities of the Paint Department.
- Review work requests, determines cost and staffing requirements, sets priorities and assigns work to be performed.
- Inspects work in progress to assure compliance with applicable codes, specifications methods and procedures. Inspects completed work to ensure that applicable standards have been met.
- Coordinates department activities with other departments and divisions as required.
- Confers with paint suppliers, manufacturers, chemists and other industry experts to determine most effective materials and methods for paint work on Bridge.
- Prepare annual departmental operating budget.
- Track expenditures and administer departmental activities to ensure that all operations of department are within budget.
- Develop capital budget recommendations.
- Administers all provisions of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) between District and unions within department.
- Administers Human Resources policies and procedures in accordance with District policies and procedures in accordance with District policy and applicable MOUs.
- Participates in union negotiations.
- Administers employee discipline and conducts first step grievance hearings.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and inspect all work conducted by Paint Department of both routine and non-routine nature.
- Collaborate with Engineering Department in the development of painting related specifications for construction work.
- Supervise training of department personnel.
- Advises Human Resources Department regarding selection process for new employees and make final hiring decisions for departmental positions.
- Performs administrative duties such as: keeping records of work performed, enforcing District rules and regulations, scheduling vacations and holidays, overseeing departmental purchasing and inventory control, reviewing and approving employee time reports, developing and overseeing work safety rules.
- Coordinates Bridge Division hazardous waste collection, storage and disposal in collaboration with the EH&S Department.
- Coordinate Bridge wastewater disposal in compliance with permit conditions and in collaboration with the EH&S Department
- Stay abreast of technologies and developments in the structural steel painting industry. Evaluate these technologies for possible use on the Bridge.
- Prepare and maintain documentation related to maintenance painting operations on the Bridge including the performance of various coatings and surface preparation methods.
- Represent the District in interviews with the media regarding Bridge painting.
- Coordinates Department safety training and related activities.
- Ensures that those safety programs activities applicable to his or her department are effectively implemented and the department follows established safe work practices and obey all safety rules.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend