Founded in 1966 as a Chicago insulation contractor, Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services is the leading diversified provider of specialty multi-craft services to the North American downstream energy infrastructure market. Its extensive portfolio of service offerings includes work access, specialty coatings, abrasive blasting, insulation, refractory, corrosion protection, weatherproofing and other related crafts. Brand operates in four key energy sectors: refining, Canadian Oil Sands, petrochemical and power generation. The company also serves the infrastructure construction markets throughout North America and in strategic international regions.
We are currently seeking a Coatings Project Manager/Estimator within our team of experienced professionals. The right candidate will be responsible for estimating and managing Coatings projects throughout the Ohio Valley. This position is an active, hands-on role requiring analysis of mechanical drawings (P&ID, isometric), specification, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for insulation products, projects and/or services. The Coatings PM/Estimator plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated insulation projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position is also responsible for reviewing and ensuring that project/site quality documentation is issued and maintained per client, regulatory and company quality requirements
NOTE: To apply for this position, please go to our web-site, www.beis.com/careers, click on Job Openings and select “BRAND ENERGY SERVICES, LLC”
• Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, take-off information, pre-bid jobsite walkthroughs, contracting and the like. Use computer programs where applicable for estimating process.
• Computes cost factors and prepares estimates such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids and determining cost effectiveness.
• Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
• Work with Sales Team to develop sales plan for the branch/area; also assist in the development and presentation of major project presentations to customers.
• Keep abreast of competitive activity including products and technologies.
• Communicating with customers, project managers and superintendents on design changes, value engineering, budget variation, and scheduling.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; develops realistic action plans.
• Works within approved budget; tracks job costs, develops and implements cost savings measures; contributes to profits and revenues; understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals; ensure project profitability/labor and material rate of return.
• Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
• Ensures that all preventive and corrective actions performed for the project/site are resolved in a timely manner that satisfies all client, regulator and company quality requirements.’
• Reviews and ensures that project/site quality documentation is issued and maintained per client, regulatory and company quality requirements.
• Inspect and document contract installation/service workmanship in accordance with company standards and documents.
• Assists supervisors and Foremen in following up on unacceptable inspections to ensure work is completed to satisfactory levels.
• Maintain appropriate records for management review.
• Ideal candidate should have 7+ years related experience with Coatings Project Management and Estimating, Coatings Quality Assurance and Quality Control, as well as performing oil refinery capital and turnaround projects
• Must be NACE Certified
• Strong PC Skills in Primavera, MS Project, Estimating software, and MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing clearly and informatively
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to travel as needed to support the job
*BRAND ENERGY & INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be considered during this search. Must be eligible to work in this country. No phone calls please.