An incumbant will work with experienced engineers and specialists on consulting projects and
develop the skills needed to manage engineering tasks and projects while in the
field. Incumbant will multitask in a fast paced environment with limited
supervision. Incumbant will have detailed expertise as it relates to integrity
management field services and will possess advanced certifications and skill
sets relating to the position.
Successful incumbent will be experienced in UT, MT, PT, and RT. Applicants will be expected to have a well-rounded knowledge of all NDT disciplines and have prior experience in industrial and pipeline construction inspection environments.assist experienced engineers/specialists with project execution and will initially work with project managers and will follow existing analysis procedures related to specialized field work, working with pipeline inspection data in spreadsheet format. As experience is gained, he/she will become familiar with pipeline technologies such as, but not be limited to:
• Pipeline and facility external & internal corrosion control,
• Facilities and pipelines cathodic protection design,
• External corrosion field surveys, cathodic protection monitoring and troubleshooting,
• Pipeline Coatings, and pipeline coating inspection,
• Soil, Electrolyte, Corrosion Product collection and analyses
• Microbiological Induced Corrosion speciment analyses
• RSTRENG, KAPA, ASME B31 defect analyses
• Root cause defect analyses
• In-line inspection hardware and software,
• Data collection, management, alignment, and integration
• Degradation mechanisms and their control
• Pipeline Repair technologies,
• Risk management.
This position will require interactions with clients and prospective clients out in the field and field management of survey crews.Incumbent will conduct tasks without supervision as part of a larger projects. He/she will conduct and/or manage larger projects, and exercises advnaced skill sets in one or more technical areas related to pipeline integrity. Interaction with other departments locally and globally is expected when needed.Senior Technicians will provide guidance and direction to all Technicians and Specialists regarding field activities and applications. Programming macros is occasionally required. Knowledge of Excel Visual Basic is beneficial.