ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION CODE: S6932
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE:$17.48 - $19.67 per hour
AVAILABLE: January 27, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: January 6, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to January 17, 2014
DESCRIPTION:Under general supervision, provides painting service to the University community by applying a variety of protective coating to beautify facilities, protecting from environmental elements and for sanitation.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applies protective coatings, oils, water base flats, enamels, varnishes, lacquers, etc. to many surface types using brushes, rollers and spray equipment; may include selecting premixed paints or mixes requiring portions of pigment, oil and thinning substances.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, steaming, patching, filling, joint taping, sanding, masking and covering all areas to be painted, including erection of scaffolding/ladder set-up.
- Makes and paints signs for door identification.
- Paints curbs and equipment; stripes parking lots and athletic fields; removes graffiti.
- Performs occasional refinishing of furniture and cabinets; hang street flags and banners; manages guest parking lot at commencement.
- Assigns, trains and checks technical aspects of work for new employees and student workers; may complete performance evaluations of student workers.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. May be required to respond to emergency needs, be on a call-back capacity or available occasionally for weekend assignments as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned or needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position. Basic working knowledge of protective coating systems and how to apply using the necessary equipment. Successful candidate must have good organization skills; the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing; to interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations and procedures; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and on and off campus contacts; work independently with good judgment and good problem solving skills. Position requires the physical agility to perform the required duties in a safe and productive manner; and to utilize and operate a variety of specialized tools and equipment; able to work from ladders, and scaffolding. A valid driver’s license is required and a current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record will be required prior to hire. Upon offer of employment candidate must successfully complete a physical examination demonstrating the functional capacity required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER