||IL - Creal Springs IL
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 64th on the FORTUNE 500 and has more than 6,500 employees. Enterprise’s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its 50,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership’s service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country. The Corrosion Technician is responsible for all facets of field executed corrosion prevention duties including cathodic protection, internal corrosion control, atmospheric corrosion control, protective coating and linings, materials selection and design/project support. The Corrosion Technician is also responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of the pipeline system through standard industry utilized corrosion prevention techniques.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and/or procedures associated with pipeline integrity/corrosion control including Operator Qualification requirements.
- Maintaining compliance with all guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies that govern pipeline corrosion control related activities.
- Designing, installing and maintaining corrosion control systems for all assigned Company assets.
- Conducting annual cathodic protection surveys and maintaining the appropriate records/documentation.
- Performing and/or coordinating bi-monthly rectifier and critical bond inspections and maintain the appropriate records/documentation.
- Performing stray current interference tests and correcting identified interference issues.
- Directing and inspecting new cathodic protection system installations.
- Performing in-depth tests and analysis of areas with pipe to soil potentials that do not meet established criteria.
- Performing pipeline-coating tests and inspecting coating applications.
- Prepare and submit, in a timely manner, records for all surveys, tests, work progress reports or other corrosion related documentation.
- Monitoring, documenting and coordinating treatment for internal corrosion.
- Performing corrosion defect assessments.
- Actively support all corrosion control related activities associated with maintenance and new construction projects.
- Assist with the preparation of job plans, negotiating contracts, budgeting and forecasting costs associated with corrosion control activities.
- Communicating and working well with local Operations and Maintenance groups and other Corrosion Prevention/Pipeline Integrity personnel and management.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Safety, Productivity, Quality. Robotic Blasting
Learn how this simple to use, field deployed, automatic robot is eliminating hazards in major confined, cluttered and complex surface preparation projects.
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
Find BLACK BEAUTY® Abrasives
Use our online tool to search by address, city or zip code to find where you can buy BLACK BEAUTY® abrasives.
Or call us toll free: 1-888-733-3646
Sherwin-Williams Oil & Gas App
Our coatings and linings expertise available 24/7, allowing you to explore the best Sherwin-Williams solutions for oil refineries, shale drilling sites, and offshore. Android users
click here. Download today!
The MBX Bristle Blaster
Get a 2.7 to 3.3 mil profile and a
Near White Metal Clean.
For info visit www.mbxit.com
or call 877 629-8777
Steel Abrasives from
As the global leader in steel abrasives, W Abrasives material is the efficient and eco-friendly solution blasting with you to reach the perfect profile.
• Any Manufacturer
• Any Instrument
• Any Time
Or call 800-582-4243
Maximum Dust Suppression Systems Start at $14,950
The system comprises proven
technology and equipment with
user-friendly flexibility in mind.
See it in action.
Jotachar JF750 - The Time Saving Solution
The only mesh free solution for jet fire scenarios. Jotachar saves installation time and material costs - the next generation of epoxy passive fire protection.
Join SSPC and Enhance
Your Career !