||IL - Creal Springs IL
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 64th on the FORTUNE 500 and has more than 6,500 employees. Enterprise’s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its 50,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership’s service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country. The Corrosion Technician is responsible for all facets of field executed corrosion prevention duties including cathodic protection, internal corrosion control, atmospheric corrosion control, protective coating and linings, materials selection and design/project support. The Corrosion Technician is also responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of the pipeline system through standard industry utilized corrosion prevention techniques.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and/or procedures associated with pipeline integrity/corrosion control including Operator Qualification requirements.
- Maintaining compliance with all guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies that govern pipeline corrosion control related activities.
- Designing, installing and maintaining corrosion control systems for all assigned Company assets.
- Conducting annual cathodic protection surveys and maintaining the appropriate records/documentation.
- Performing and/or coordinating bi-monthly rectifier and critical bond inspections and maintain the appropriate records/documentation.
- Performing stray current interference tests and correcting identified interference issues.
- Directing and inspecting new cathodic protection system installations.
- Performing in-depth tests and analysis of areas with pipe to soil potentials that do not meet established criteria.
- Performing pipeline-coating tests and inspecting coating applications.
- Prepare and submit, in a timely manner, records for all surveys, tests, work progress reports or other corrosion related documentation.
- Monitoring, documenting and coordinating treatment for internal corrosion.
- Performing corrosion defect assessments.
- Actively support all corrosion control related activities associated with maintenance and new construction projects.
- Assist with the preparation of job plans, negotiating contracts, budgeting and forecasting costs associated with corrosion control activities.
- Communicating and working well with local Operations and Maintenance groups and other Corrosion Prevention/Pipeline Integrity personnel and management.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
GOT LEAD? Specify Pretox System products
The ONLY Lead Stabilizer
Compatible with All
Paint Removal Methods.
Works with all Blast Media:
Grits | Recyclable Abrasives
| CO2 | Water | Power Tools | Etc.
Call Dave Steffen at 800.338.8296.
PosiTector SST Soluble Salt Tester
Measures the concentration of soluble salts on metal surfaces. Use with all Bresle patch types including the reusable, adhesive-free PosiPatch.
Carboline is pouring with opportunities
We are proud of our exceptional products and services, and believe that people are our greatest asset. Come grow with us!
Corrosion protection – one layer ahead
Pasquick® saves one layer of coating in corrosion protection projects – resulting in faster workflows and more cost efficiency for owners and contractors.
The Next Generation
• Most Comfortable
• Most Dependable
& Dust Collectors
Vacuum and dust collector hose, filters
and related accessories.
Sherwin-Williams General Polymers Resinous Flooring App
Our coatings and linings expertise available 24/7, allowing you to explore the Sherwin-Williams systems best suited for your flooring needs. Android Users Click here to Download the app today!
to see what we did to this dust collector!
ADI can increase the efficiency and life of
your equipment! Any brand, for less than new!
Online Coating Courses from Tnemec
For decades, Tnemec has offered its expertise to clients presenting face-to-face coatings courses. Now, these presentations are available to anyone for CEUs at Tnemec University.
Humidity & Temperature Control Equipment
Rental Desiccant Dehumidifiers, ArcticDRY Units, Air Conditioners, Heaters and Generators to help control the climate on your next industrial painting project. Nationwide locations, 24/7 service: (866) 379-2600 www.drycogroup.com”