||IL - Creal Springs IL
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 64th on the FORTUNE 500 and has more than 6,500 employees. Enterprise’s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its 50,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership’s service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country. The Corrosion Technician is responsible for all facets of field executed corrosion prevention duties including cathodic protection, internal corrosion control, atmospheric corrosion control, protective coating and linings, materials selection and design/project support. The Corrosion Technician is also responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of the pipeline system through standard industry utilized corrosion prevention techniques.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company policies and/or procedures associated with pipeline integrity/corrosion control including Operator Qualification requirements.
- Maintaining compliance with all guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies that govern pipeline corrosion control related activities.
- Designing, installing and maintaining corrosion control systems for all assigned Company assets.
- Conducting annual cathodic protection surveys and maintaining the appropriate records/documentation.
- Performing and/or coordinating bi-monthly rectifier and critical bond inspections and maintain the appropriate records/documentation.
- Performing stray current interference tests and correcting identified interference issues.
- Directing and inspecting new cathodic protection system installations.
- Performing in-depth tests and analysis of areas with pipe to soil potentials that do not meet established criteria.
- Performing pipeline-coating tests and inspecting coating applications.
- Prepare and submit, in a timely manner, records for all surveys, tests, work progress reports or other corrosion related documentation.
- Monitoring, documenting and coordinating treatment for internal corrosion.
- Performing corrosion defect assessments.
- Actively support all corrosion control related activities associated with maintenance and new construction projects.
- Assist with the preparation of job plans, negotiating contracts, budgeting and forecasting costs associated with corrosion control activities.
- Communicating and working well with local Operations and Maintenance groups and other Corrosion Prevention/Pipeline Integrity personnel and management.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
The MBX Bristle Blaster
Get a 2.7 to 3.3 mil profile and a
Near White Metal Clean.
For info visit www.mbxit.com
or call 877 629-8777
New resins from BASF will have metals loving water!
Excellent corrosion resistance,
low VOC, high gloss, thin films
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
BRISTLE BLASTER® – THE ORIGINAL ONE
Abrasive blast with a power tool
Remove corrosion, mill scale and coatings
Cleans & roughens
Meets SSPC-SP 10 / NACE No. 2
Profile up to 4.7 mils
ATEX Zone 1
Jotachar JF750 - The Time Saving Solution
The only mesh free solution for jet fire scenarios. Jotachar saves installation time and material costs - the next generation of epoxy passive fire protection.
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
POLYGON - Temporary Humidity Control
We specialize in innovative climate control solutions for industrial painting, utilizing alternative energy sources and combining desiccants with heating or cooling.
High Performance Anti-Corrosion Coatings
A fast and economical way to protect metal surfaces from corrosion at low DFT. DTM, water-based, low VOC options.
Performance Amine 1,3-BAC
A highly reactive cycloaliphatic diamine offering superior performance. Reasonable cost and curing efficacy makes it suitable for all types of epoxy resin applications.