Field Technical Services Representative
Job ID: 1300005381
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM)
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com/.
- Comply with all of PPG EHS guidelines and initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance on the proper use and application of PPG PMC products
- Incumbent must be able to work independently, and in conjunction with a team to provide technical service to the customer
- Possess good communication skills, including the ability to provide diplomatic explanations and solutions in difficult customer facing situations.
- Conduct inspections in accordance with company procedures and recognized industry standards such as ISO, NACE, and SSPC coating standards. Inspections conduced are to provide technical verification of the application and not to provide quality control oversight of the project
- Prepare thorough reports as needed to document customer activities and technical advice provided.
- Build sales position by establishing strong customer relationships at all levels, provide timely resolution to customer’s concerns, and quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Help grow business by assisting in the development of new products and by executing the launch of new products.
- Identify customer’s needs / expectations and assess competitive activities such that sales strategies can be developed to increase sales / profits.
- Maximize profit contribution by differentiation through superior technical problem solving which produces higher yield rates, lower reject rates and optimum appearance on the customer’s operation.
Experience and Education
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Functional and Technical Skills
The role of technical service is a key part of the overall selling effort. PPG markets and sells superior technical know-how in conjunction with its products and services. PPG customers place a high value on this know-how as it helps them run their operations in a cost effective manner. Superior service is a key to maintaining existing business and developing sales position and strategies to acquire new business.
The incumbent is a primary point of contact between PPG and our customers. The incumbents are looked upon to provide the customer with a product and technical know-how to ensure PPG products and services outperform competitors’. The incumbent must be well versed in product composition, customer application equipment, environmental issues, and processes that are ancillary to the finishing operations
Incumbents must be self-motivated and able to work independently. They must also have an unselfish work ethic, a strong sense of self-accomplishment, and have strong problem solving skills.
While a formal education in a technical discipline is helpful, knowledge is more typically acquired through experience and on-the-job training.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please use the following link to apply to this position: https://ppg.taleo.net/careersection/prof/jobdetail.ftl?job=1300005381&lang=en