Watco Companies, Inc.
||TX - Hockley TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Application techniques for water-borne, alkyd, epoxy, phenolic, and urethane
• Maintenance of airless spray and plural component equipment
• Abrasive blast techniques
• Maintenance of blast equipment
• Basic computer skills for scheduling, communication and reporting
• VOC emission reporting/tracking
• Disposal requirements for paint and blast waster
• OSHA and Watco safety standards
• NACE certified coating inspector certification
• AAR MSRP, M-1002, Section C, Part III
• Maintain personal protective equipment requirements and standards with overall management of large railcar paint facility
• Responsible of ensuring staff implements and follows companywide initiatives, policies and practices
• Ensure work meets AAR requirements, quality standards and customer demands
• Keeps facility within budget and responsible for achieving targeted profit revenues
• 5 plus years of progressive management/supervisory experience in railcar (tank car) paint facility
• Knowledge and experience of the railcar paint industry to include railcar coating, epoxy, phenolic, urethane applications, and blast techniques regulations and rules
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hirings, evaluations, and promotions.
• Set up and adjust machines and equipment.
• Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
• Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
• Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Online Coating Courses from Tnemec
For decades, Tnemec has offered its expertise to clients presenting face-to-face coatings courses. Now, these presentations are available to anyone for CEUs at Tnemec University.
The MBX Bristle Blaster
Get a 2.7 to 3.3 mil profile and a
Near White Metal Clean.
For info visit www.mbxit.com
or call 877 629-8777
Jotachar JF750 - The Time Saving Solution
The only mesh free solution for jet fire scenarios. Jotachar saves installation time and material costs - the next generation of epoxy passive fire protection.
Maximum Dust Suppression Systems Start at $14,950
The system comprises proven
technology and equipment with
user-friendly flexibility in mind.
See it in action.
Coatings Adhesion Testers
The PATTI® accurately measures the bond strength between coating & substrate. Outfitted properly, the surface can be rough, porous, or curved & >10K psi strong!
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
the New miniBRS
Reduced in size, it is incredibly easy to maneuver and operate! The perfect alternative to larger blast & recovery units when project space is limited.
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
SOLUTIONS THAT WORK
Companies that invest in corrosion control use CHLOR RID products
- Soluble salt removal liquid
- Test kits to verify contamination levels
- Surface passivation to hold the blast
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.