Watco Companies, Inc.
||TX - Hockley TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Application techniques for water-borne, alkyd, epoxy, phenolic, and urethane
• Maintenance of airless spray and plural component equipment
• Abrasive blast techniques
• Maintenance of blast equipment
• Basic computer skills for scheduling, communication and reporting
• VOC emission reporting/tracking
• Disposal requirements for paint and blast waster
• OSHA and Watco safety standards
• NACE certified coating inspector certification
• AAR MSRP, M-1002, Section C, Part III
• Maintain personal protective equipment requirements and standards with overall management of large railcar paint facility
• Responsible of ensuring staff implements and follows companywide initiatives, policies and practices
• Ensure work meets AAR requirements, quality standards and customer demands
• Keeps facility within budget and responsible for achieving targeted profit revenues
• 5 plus years of progressive management/supervisory experience in railcar (tank car) paint facility
• Knowledge and experience of the railcar paint industry to include railcar coating, epoxy, phenolic, urethane applications, and blast techniques regulations and rules
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hirings, evaluations, and promotions.
• Set up and adjust machines and equipment.
• Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
• Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
• Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Humidity & Temperature Control Equipment
Rental Desiccant Dehumidifiers, ArcticDRY Units, Air Conditioners, Heaters and Generators to help control the climate on your next industrial painting project. Nationwide locations, 24/7 service: (866) 379-2600 www.drycogroup.com”
Measure TSA Coatings on Stainless Steel
The PHASCOPE® PMP10 from FISCHER precisely measures thermally sprayed aluminum (TSA) on stainless steel.
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
New resins from BASF will have metals loving water:
Excellent corrosion resistance, low VOC, high gloss, thin films basf.us/industrialcoatings
• Any Manufacturer
• Any Instrument
• Any Time
Or call 800-582-4243
Your Access Advantage. QUIKDECK®
Provides safe, factory-floor-like working conditions. Can be engineered to fit almost any shape, structure or size. Modular platform easily assembled from just a few basic components. Excellent containment. Applications include vessels, offshore rigs and bridges.
The MBX Bristle Blaster
Get a 2.7 to 3.3 mil profile and a
Near White Metal Clean.
For info visit www.mbxit.com
or call 877 629-8777
DH Tech has the most innovative and
reliable equipment available to
IT'S UNDER CONTROL!
Refresh Your CP Skills
With this 12-station, interactive program, practice your CP skills online by working through step-by-step, real-life testing scenarios.