Watco Companies, Inc.
||TX - Hockley TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Application techniques for water-borne, alkyd, epoxy, phenolic, and urethane
• Maintenance of airless spray and plural component equipment
• Abrasive blast techniques
• Maintenance of blast equipment
• Basic computer skills for scheduling, communication and reporting
• VOC emission reporting/tracking
• Disposal requirements for paint and blast waster
• OSHA and Watco safety standards
• NACE certified coating inspector certification
• AAR MSRP, M-1002, Section C, Part III
• Maintain personal protective equipment requirements and standards with overall management of large railcar paint facility
• Responsible of ensuring staff implements and follows companywide initiatives, policies and practices
• Ensure work meets AAR requirements, quality standards and customer demands
• Keeps facility within budget and responsible for achieving targeted profit revenues
• 5 plus years of progressive management/supervisory experience in railcar (tank car) paint facility
• Knowledge and experience of the railcar paint industry to include railcar coating, epoxy, phenolic, urethane applications, and blast techniques regulations and rules
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hirings, evaluations, and promotions.
• Set up and adjust machines and equipment.
• Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
• Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
• Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Saves up to 80% of energy costs
• Smooth, low pulsation
• No air motor = no more icing
• First of its kind approved for
e-Xtreme™ Electric Airless Sprayer Learn more
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
How long can you hold a WHITE-METAL BLAST?
Click to learn how 30 DAYS is easy! Don Bechtol
has over 40 years of experience utilizing DH for blasting/coating projects. Call today.
¡SE HABLA ESPAÑOL!
BLACK BEAUTY® App
Download the free app
for BLACK BEAUTY® Abrasives.
Explore all the features from
the palm of your hand.
Toll Free: 1-888-733-3646
Custom blast rooms
by SAFE Systems
Don't waste time and money "making do" with a "standard" design. Let us work with you to design and build the system that best fits your requirements.
By integrating Schmidt's
Aftercoolers with our blast pots, these systems remove moisture from air and minimize equipment footprint on jobsite.
High Temperature White Paint
New Coating with not yellow, remains white and will withstand temperatures up to 1,200ºF
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
• Field Diagnosis
• Lab Diagnosis
• Determination of Cause