This Position is Located in Lenox, MA
The Painter-Sprayer will perform prescribed metal preparation, prime and finish painting operations on a wide variety of parts, weldments, subassemblies, and assembled company products in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work from instructions and established procedures.
• Move parts, subassemblies and weldments, in and out of spray booth or cleaning station using hoist,
overhead crane, or lift truck, as appropriate.
• Set up painting equipment, adjust spray guns, clean, as required.
• Fill paint tanks, add thinner and clean, sand, tape, and mask all parts or completed machines in accordance
with established procedures.
• Spray paint prime and finish coat as specified. Apply prescribed protective coating and perform touch-up
painting and cleaning in accordance with Inspector's report.
• Apply decals or stencil in accordance with requirements.
• Follow all prescribed safety rules and regulations.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to write routine correspondence, and give verbal instruction.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to operate lift truck, overhead and jib cranes.
• Ability to operate paint spraying units, paint booths, paint brushes, sanders, grinders, scrapers, hand and
powered wire brushes. Familiar with cleaning solvents, paint thinner, and a variety of other miscellaneous
hand tools and materials pertinent to cleaning and painting.