||IL - Chicago IL
PPG: Bringing Innovation to the surface ™
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty chemical products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com
Responsible for the day-to-day efficient management of inventory and effective use of a shipping team at an industrial paint manufacturing facility in south Chicago.
- Inventory Management: Incumbent is responsible for proactively ensuring optimum levels of inventory accuracy and availability for raw materials, intermediates and finished goods. The scope includes the Chicago paint plant as well as any remote manufacturing/warehousing as needed. Use of Tandem and Oracle inventory and shipping systems.
- WITS Administration: Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of WITS (Warehouse Inventory Tracking System). WITS scope includes receiving, pre-assembly, batch verification, filling and shipping at the paint plant. Support will also be expected for other Industrial paint plants as needed.
- ORACLE Administration: Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of ORACLE. S/he will serve as the Chicago lead for Inventory Management.
- Physical Inventory Coordinator: Incumbent is accountable, along with the Accounting Department, to coordinate the annual inventory of the Chicago plant and other minor locations.
- DOT and IATA Knowledge: Provide direction to the plant on DOT and IATA regulations as it pertains to shipment of hazardous materials.
- Supervision: Direct a non-exempt shipping assistant, inventory control analyst and team of approximately four wage associates in daily shipping requirements and logistics for the plant.
- Development of Self & Others: Develop self and the team by utilizing the available on-line development tools. Keep abreast of industry developments and trends.
- Interact and consult with Supply Chain, Purchasing, Plant Systems, Customer Service, Shipping and Receiving and Sales personnel to monitor their needs and assist them to maintain the integrity of inventory
- Special Projects: Participate on various teams to enhance plant efficiencies for conversions of products and components, and plant operational teams relating to paint production.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
RENTALS | SALES | SERVICE | PARTS
Construction equipment, plus compressors up to 1,800 cfm of air power & a fleet of service vehicles providing repairs to customer owned fleets. 866-468-2666.
NLB Sure Shroud: Greater Protection and Flexibility
NLB’s Sure Shroud’s lighter weight and flexibility reduces operator fatigue and offers unmatched protection against high pressure hose ruptures. 10k to 40k psi rated.
KTA-TATOR LABORATORY SERVICES
• Coating failure analysis
• Toxic metals testing
• A2LA Accredited
Contact: Cindy O'Malley,
to see what we did to this dust collector!
ADI can increase the efficiency and life of
your equipment! Any brand, for less than new!
Blastox - One Step
Don't waste money on added labor steps with other methods. Don't mix, meter or apply at the job-site. Avoid strict hazardous waste rules.
Let your painters paint
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!