PPG: Bringing Innovation to the surface ™
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty chemical products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com
Responsible for the day-to-day efficient management of inventory and effective use of a shipping team at an industrial paint manufacturing facility in south Chicago.
- Inventory Management: Incumbent is responsible for proactively ensuring optimum levels of inventory accuracy and availability for raw materials, intermediates and finished goods. The scope includes the Chicago paint plant as well as any remote manufacturing/warehousing as needed. Use of Tandem and Oracle inventory and shipping systems.
- WITS Administration: Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of WITS (Warehouse Inventory Tracking System). WITS scope includes receiving, pre-assembly, batch verification, filling and shipping at the paint plant. Support will also be expected for other Industrial paint plants as needed.
- ORACLE Administration: Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of ORACLE. S/he will serve as the Chicago lead for Inventory Management.
- Physical Inventory Coordinator: Incumbent is accountable, along with the Accounting Department, to coordinate the annual inventory of the Chicago plant and other minor locations.
- DOT and IATA Knowledge: Provide direction to the plant on DOT and IATA regulations as it pertains to shipment of hazardous materials.
- Supervision: Direct a non-exempt shipping assistant, inventory control analyst and team of approximately four wage associates in daily shipping requirements and logistics for the plant.
- Development of Self & Others: Develop self and the team by utilizing the available on-line development tools. Keep abreast of industry developments and trends.
- Interact and consult with Supply Chain, Purchasing, Plant Systems, Customer Service, Shipping and Receiving and Sales personnel to monitor their needs and assist them to maintain the integrity of inventory
- Special Projects: Participate on various teams to enhance plant efficiencies for conversions of products and components, and plant operational teams relating to paint production.