We are seeking a Coating Technician who will be applying thin film coatings to manufactured optical components using a vacuum deposition process. In addition, you will conduct periodic maintenance and perform troubleshooting on coating chambers. This position requires an individual that is detail-oriented in their work and analytical in their problem solving abilities. While you should be methodical and patient, it is also crucial to remain be production-minded to meet deadlines.
- Loads and operates vacuum coating chambers and related equipment.
- Monitors vacuum deposition process according to process instructions.
- Performs routine and periodic maintenance on coating chambers.
- Operates equipment necessary to verify performance of coating runs.
- Checks coating result with desired specifications.
- Maintains efficient logs and records as required.
- Performs vacuum chamber troubleshooting as required.