Our client, a highly respected, recognized leading supplier to the abrasive blasting and protective coating industry is in search of a Senior Project Manager with design, estimating and project management experience. The rapid growth of our company has created the demand for someone who can immediately provide assistance with the sales process, bidding/estimating and provide leadership to the technical personnel. Our company provides an exciting and fast paced environment to work in as well as competitive compensation and performance incentives. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy accepting multiple tasks and assignments, this may be the position for you. You will work with some of the brightest individuals in the industry.
- As Senior Project Manager you are responsible to enthusiastically lead the team of Project Managers, Site Supervisors and subcontractors to ensure projects are completed within desired timeframes and within budget, and create a happy and vigorous team spirit!
- Works closely with Sales in the bid process, preparing the estimates for each project, ensuring all possible costs and problems have been foreseen and are allowed for. This will include travelling with Sales during the bid process to visit clients and assist in the presentation to clients.
- Management of Design & Technical personal to ensure they meet the demands and requirements of Sales (Bid drawings) and Project Management (Full Fabrication and Assembly drawings).
- Facilitate Project Handover from Sales to Project Management, putting the time and effort in at the start of the project to prevent problems at the end.
- Develop schedules for the implementation of customer orders. Obtain customer agreement on the schedule.
- Be the communication between Blast-One and the customer for duration of project to ensure both internal and the customer’s needs are met.
- Manage negotiations and expediting of purchased goods/services to control costs and budgets.
- Maximise revenue and profit by upselling customer and obtaining change orders.
- Ensure billing is completed accurately each month, costs are accurate and each project delivers the required profit.
- Provide weekly reports to Management by collecting, analysing, and summarizing the status of all active projects.
- Customer management and financial ownership of projects.
- Other duties as assigned.