PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM)
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com/.
The objective for the position is to create opportunities for sales through specification development, and intelligence gathering and distribution on large construction projects. Within the territory defined in the Location, the representative shall be responsible for all things specification and project related at an assigned group of specifying owners, architects and engineers.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain existing specification positions, and develop new ones, within the assigned territory.
- Develop multiple contacts, bilaterally, at owners’ and designers/contractors’ main and branch offices, and identify sources of influences vertically throughout their organizations.
- Identify and track the progression and contract awards of key projects, globally by firm and/or owner.
- Communicate all useful project contracting awards and developments to both sales and other members of Engineering and Projects organization, regardless of project location.
- Utilize company provided market data, including project data, to both identify new project opportunities and track ongoing ones.
- Record and report key intelligence within company provided CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
- Actively participate in industry associations for the purpose of developing contacts and gathering client/customer and competitor intelligence. (Examples such as involvement in NACE, SSPC, CIS, and AWWA