Position: Quality Control Manager Plant/Location: Beaumont
Reports to: Corp. Q.C.Mgr/Plant Manager
Assures product meets ASME requirements and Customer specifications. Maintains quality control department records and files.
1. Arrange and attend customer pre-fab meetings. QC Mgr. key point is the review of Customer specs.
2. Review customer specifications prior to fabrication and identify inspection points. Notify customer of schenduled holds for performing spections. QC Mgr. makes the ITP supplement. ITP not as challenging.
3. Review final drawings prior to fabrication. Notify engineering of any calculation or drawing discripencies.
4. Maintain Q.C. records such as but not limited to: welding procedure specifications, welder operator performance qualifications, welder continuity records/log, nonconformance reports.
5. Maintain calibration records to: NDT equipment, pressure test gauges, measuring equipment, and others.
6. Maintain lab test records such as: charpy impact testing, chemistry, etc. With the proper Work instruction not as challenging. Currently, QC Mgr.
7. Generate code data reports and code data packages. Review for accurancy and completeness. Currently, QC Mgr……also signs U1/R1 forms.
8. Perform visual and/or dimensional inspection of parts and components as necessary to insure timleness of production schedule.
9. Prepare and maintain QC job file: drawings, BOM, MTR’s, NDT records, etc.
10. Arrange for and schedule subcontractors, customer inspectors (Only cust inspectors is currently, QC Mgr.), and code personnel as needed.
11. Provide job status reporting as needed to both internal and external customers.
12. Perform customer feedback and document as need. Currently, QC Mgr.
13. Perform NDT testing, paint/coating inspection, and/or final inspection prior to shipment, as needed.
14. Assigns tasks to inspectors baised on individual capabilities.
15. Provides supervison to department employees.
16. Assures that work is set-up and performed in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
17. Other duties as assigned.