||TX - Houston TX
$28.00 - $35.00/hour
Job Classification: Contract
The Quality Inspector will perform quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the manufacture of products. This position is responsible for inspecting materials, subassemblies, and products at different stages of productions as well as recording observations (non conformities, defects, discrepancies) and may make recommendations for improving processes.Basically, this person will manage all the QC aspects of the manufacturing of the structures that are used in the motor control centers.
Responsibilities as per client:
- Perform quality control inspections, checks, and tests (mechanical ) of power control buildings, equipment centers, and enclosures at different stages of completion.
- Record observed non conformities/ defects/ discrepancies and ensures rework is completed satisfactorily before product moves on to next step in the process.
- Inspect products utilizing knowledge and familiarity of standards and codes such as: Building codes, UL, NEMA, IEEE, SSPC, NACE, AWS.
- Provide appropriate paperwork to truck driver prior to product shipping.
- Plan and accomplish goals set forth by Quality Manager.
- Communicate and assist with 2nd and 3rd party inspectors and customers during factory acceptance tests and inspections.
- Collaborate with various levels of management and personnel.
- May perform field service/ advisory/ consultant services at customer job sites as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Encourage continuous improvement of processes to ensure quality of products and services and meet or exceed customer requirements
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Keep materials and work area clean, organized and free from clutter, or any potential safety hazards.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
Join Aerotek Commercial Staffing®. We employ people in light industrial, light technical and office support positions across the nation. If you are looking for a competitive wage, solid opportunity, and a career path to success, contact us now! We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek Commercial Staffing team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Webinar On BLASTOX® for One Step Lead Abatement
Why Blastox® is truly “One Step”
• Comparison to other lead abatement methods
• Blastox® stabilization & coatings performance
• Collecting waste samples
• COST $AVING$ using Blastox®
Removing blasting operators from harmful environments is our key objective.
Schmidt's VBS System reduces blowdown intensity, prevents exhaust from damaging floor while using no screens or filters.
Reduces sound; Increasing safety.
PosiTector SHD Shore Hardness Durometer
PosiTector SHD measures the hardness of non-metallic materials. Features a measurement timer, auto ignore mode and internal memory. Shore A or D available.
KTA-Tator EH&S Services
• Ambient & Worker Exposure Air Monitoring
• Safety & Health Program Development
• Lead Paint Assessments
• Health Hazard & Jobsite Safety Assessments
TIER 4 EQUIPMENT
We have Tier 4 Equipment including Air Compressors &
Generators for Sale & Rent! Your job may now require Tier-4. www.absoluteequip.com or Call 412-931-6655.
Sherwin-Williams Oil & Gas App
Our coatings and linings expertise available 24/7, allowing you to explore the best Sherwin-Williams solutions for oil refineries, shale drilling sites, and offshore. Android users
click here. Download today!
Blast Lights &
Halogen or LED blast lights available with our NEW urethane bumper. Switches available in many colors for color coding your hoses.
Hit Harder. Clean Faster.
Black Diamond abrasive products are the toughest, most effective blasting media and supply the superior power you need to get any job done.