Reporting to the Vice President of Industrial Product Management, the Product Manager – Corrosion Preventatives will oversee product marketing activities for rust and corrosion preventatives used in a wide range of niche industries including bearings, steel, transportation, oil & and gas exploration, aerospace and general manufacturing. He or she will be responsible for refining product the line, especially coordinating the transfer of global Know-How to the North American market. Other duties will include assisting with the coordination of new market literature, NACE interface, and working with and supporting the sales groups at customer facilities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Company sales teams to properly assess customers’ applications and needs in order to provide value added technical solutions through the introduction, testing and implementation of high tech products resulting in increased revenue streams.
- Develop a solid understanding of the various specialty market conditions and prioritize opportunities to achieve growth objectives in sales revenue, market share and profit margins.
- Identify prospective customers and assist in positioning the company and its products within each market niche.
- Interface directly with customers to better understand their needs and demonstrate the company's commitment to ongoing product development.
- Participate in field introduction of new products and partner with engineering/technical decision makers regarding product performance.
- Collaborate with the sales team and negotiate win-win partnership agreements to foster long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with target accounts.
- Plan and coordinate participation in trade shows and industry events to increase market visibility.
- Build productive relationships across the organization and contribute as needed to strategy development and project execution.
- Interface extensively with the US and global product management teams to ensure that state of the art Corrosion Preventative Know-How is consistently transferred to North American companies.