Outside Sales Representative Selling PPG Industrial Coatings
Territories - TN, MN, Northern TX, NJ, Southern CA, NY, and MD available.
INDUSTRIAL COATINGS BACKGROUND A MUST
• Will grow a sales territory in a major metropolitan area for SFI an authorized PPG representative.
• Primary focus is generating pipeline and closing new business for PPG True Finish Industrial Coatings.
• Makes presentation of the PPG value proposition and product portfolio to prospects to solicit orders for new business.
• You will focus on networking, building rapport and selling the PPG True Finish Brand and its diverse portfolio of paint, chemical and coating products.
• Function in a full sales capacity while also providing the customer hands on technical support in the use, specification and application of the product line.
• Assists in marketing and supplying sales intelligence.
• Assists in generating activities including meeting and greeting potential customers.
• Visit potential customers businesses within assigned geographic territory to meet face-to-face and follow up from supplied, lead generated appointments placed by teammates.
• Builds relationships, trust and rapport for repeat business and orders.
• MUST have 2 years of Industrial Coatings experience
• Travel as needed to work with territory and training, approximate 10%
• Minimum 5-years successful outside sales experience.
• Proven ability to successfully achieve and exceed sales goals.
• Must have experience in B2B sales environment
• Must have cell phone and own vehicle for business use
• Must have high energy, be a teacher, coach and adapt to a changing environment as sales intelligence indicates.
• Working with customers to offer a different supplier regarding their paint, coating and finish products backed by PPG’s services.
• Leads by example – must achieve quotas and seek and help others do the same.
Preferences: Career Experience will be heavily considered in addition to educational background.
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Applied Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Construction, Mechanical or Technical related fields.
• Manufacturers Sales Representative of a large portfolio of products and solutions for Job Shops and Manufacturers who routinely use paint, coatings and chemicals
• Work history of representing or selling for a major coating or chemical producers such as, but not limited to DuPont, Sherwin Williams, or Henkel.
Must have demonstrated through work experiences:
• Proven ability to quickly build trust, rapport and a relationship with multiple contacts at a buyer’s location (admin, owner and front line workers).
• Proven ability to close business for value added services and products as business owner may be carrying a competitor’s product.
• Ability to persuade business owner to test a new supplier of coatings, finishes and paint products.
• Proven ability to connect and talk with business owners on-site in an industrial, “Job Shop” environment or small manufacturing assembly line setting.
• Proven ability to understand customer needs and technically, yet simply, translate into “best fitting” solution or product.
• Proven ability to match customer needs to product recommendation via technical product and service knowledge.
• Proven ability to manage sales pipeline and prioritize prospects for conversion and track for residual, reoccurring sales.
• Computer skills mandatory. Excel, Outlook, CRM, and PowerPoint specifically.
W2 Position, Very Competitive Base Salary, benefits, expense reimbursements, along with an aggressive sales commission override plan based on individual and team performance results.