Carboline Company, a world leading supplier of high performance coatings, linings and fireproofing, is seeking a self-motivated individual to fill an immediate opening for a Lab Manager for Testing and Analytical at their Research & Development Center in St. Louis, MO.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Advanced Degree (or equivalent experience), have a minimum of 5-7 years Chemist or coating formulation experience in a related performance coatings or raw material field; 3-5 years of Supervisory or Management experience is a strong benefit. Must be proficient in the use of advanced analytical testing equipment such as DSC, FTIR, GCMS, Photomicroscopy, as relevant to coating failure analysis and the identification of coating composition, characterization and raw materials.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate all functions related to the Testing and Analytical department.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills to interact with internal employees as well as external customers.
• Direct and manager internal and external performance evaluations, testing, failure analysis, and report documentation, in accordance with industry recognized testing standards or internally developed proprietary methodology.
• Provide specific analytical characterization, competitive product reverse engineering, raw material analysis and characterization, in support of the Development Laboratories product development and maintenance project activities.
• Industry participation in professional organizations such as NACE, ASTM, etc.
• Reports to a Research & Development Director.
Carboline Company offers an attractive benefits package and salary based on experience. To apply, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.carboline.com/careers and click on “Submit Resume” and “View our Open Positions” or e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.