Carboline Company, a world leading supplier of high performance coatings, linings and fireproofing, is seeking an innovative individual to fill an immediate opening for a Senior Coatings Scientist at their Research & Development Center in St. Louis, MO.
The ideal candidate will possess a PhD in chemistry and have a minimum of 5 years of chemistry experience, or a master’s or bachelor’s degree in chemistry with a minimum of 10 years of coatings experience.
Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare project requests or research proposals on assigned projects. Create ideas for new products or approaches and conduct individual investigations. Apply creative approach to problem solving and formulation.
• Closely follow global trends and technology to propose initiatives for innovative and industry-leading coatings research.
• Execute laboratory projects and continuously assess effectiveness. Develop research findings, draw conclusions, and make recommendations. Prepare and present written or oral reports.
• Contribute to research programs or others through communications and participation in technical work groups and design teams
• Supervise efforts of technicians and/or chemists.
Carboline Company offers an attractive benefits package and salary based on experience. To apply, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.carboline.com/careers and click on “Submit Resume” and “View our Open Positions” or e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.