Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is the leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 11 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes Sunkist soda, 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Crush, Mott's, Squirt, Hawaiian Punch, Peñafiel, Clamato, Schweppes, Rose's and Mr & Mrs T mixers. Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Facilities Technician - Part Time
The Facilities Technician is responsible for facility maintenance, inspections, and repair tasks that will enable the safe and continuous operations of the company facilities. The Facilities Technician is responsible for in-house service and maintenance throughout the facility, grounds, shipping and warehouse.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
- Drive 5S with painting and maintain designated areas. Responsible for painting using industrial paint equipment like: line painter , floors, brush painting poles, door trim, machinery, power paint walls, ceiling, etc..
- Perform general upkeep and repairs on building including drywall, framing, painting and finish work. Minor sheet rock repair, hanging mirrors for forklift traffic, making stencil signs and painting them throughout facility. Floor repair run jack hammer to break out bad places mix new in concrete mixer and poor back in trowel finish.
- Perform painting on walls, floors, ceilings and other designated areas using sprayers, brushes and other equipment.
- Monitor the facility and recommend repairs or maintenance for equipment and facility including roof, ceiling and walls of the facility.
- Operate fork lifts and high lifts and use scaffolding and ladders as needed.
- Perform all duties with necessary precaution within accepted safety practices.
- Must understand what paint is needed where example floor paint, speed dry paint, dry fog paint, food grade paint for production area. Must have skill ability to mix paint with dryers, hardeners, and know which ones needed for each application.
- Run industrial vacuum on top of offices to get dust build up, power washing of walls and dock pits, cleaning off all poles and rails, and painted surfaces throughout facility.
This is a part time position. Shifts will typically start around 7am. Shifts will last from 8 - 10 hours 2-3 days per week. MUST have flexibility as schedules are subject to change based on business needs.
Location and Pay
This position will work out of our Ottumwa, IA facility. This is an hourly paid position starting between $13 - $15 per hour.
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.