Marine / Industrial Coatings Sales Representative
At Rodda Paint Co. we pride ourselves in providing an established, professional, and thriving environment for you to continue your career in the Northwest Maritime Industry selling Jotun Marine and Rodda Paint Industrial Coatings.
As we celebrate our 81st year in business in the Pacific Northwest we are looking for a seasoned Sales Representative who has been actively selling coatings and or supplies to the Fishing Boat, Tug & Barge, and Work boat segments in the Seattle Tacoma Northwest area.
Primary responsibility is to aggressively grow sales and margins through excellent relationship skills and effective prospecting and target account development.
Establish Rodda Paint as the primary supplier of Jotun Marine and Rodda Paint Industrial coatings in the given market area.
Preferred applicants will be proficient in Marine Coatings and applications with a strong foundation of Industrial Coatings knowledge represented by a demonstrated work history in this field.
Applicants’ currently selling supplies other than Marine & Industrial Coatings in the Seattle Tacoma market, and wish to make a career change are also encouraged to apply. This applicant must be able to demonstrate that he or she has positive established relationships that are conducive to the success of this position.
- Maintain ongoing contact with existing customers to grow market share.
- Establish Rodda Paint Co. the primary supplier to all existing customers.
- Effective prospecting and new account development.
- Effective use of strategic pricing to maximize margin.
- Effective territory planning to ensure customer / market segment diversity.
- Effective market intelligence to ensure an excellent understanding of our competitors and
their position in the market.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Existing relationships with Port Engineers, Purchasing Agents, Manufactures, and Vessel owners in the Seattle / Tacoma / Northwest area.
- Completion of college degree and/or five years’ experience selling Marine and Industrial Coatings or supplies to the Fishing Boat, Tug & Barge, and Work boat segments in the Seattle Tacoma Northwest area.
- NACE certification preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet company motor vehicle insurability.
- Knowledge of required products, the industry, competitors, basic business concepts, and an understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Travel Demands: Extensive travel within assigned market.
Qualified, experienced applicants respond with resume and cover letter through this ad.
Rodda Paint is an Equal Opportunity Employer