Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Petroleum Construction, Service & Distribution of Equipment; General Contracting & Aviation Fueling; Hydro-blasting, Industrial Cleaning & Emergency Response Services; Environmental Consulting & Compliance Services; Remediation & Process Systems; Industrial Paint Finishing Solutions as well as Vehicle Equipment Sales & Service. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA, we have roughly 350 employees in nine different branch offices.
In an effort to better serve our customers, Seneca Companies’ industrial division is currently seeking a customer service representative. The customer service rep would primarily be responsible for assisting customers over the phone and in person with needs related to industrial paint and coating systems. This includes taking orders and selling parts and/or equipment consistent with Company policy, pricing standards and guidelines.
- Prepares customer orders and other pertinent paper work, quoting product prices, and providing advice and assistance as needed.
- Refers to and maintains knowledge of current parts catalog and books for part numbers and pricing levels.
- Inputs information into the computer and retrieves pricing, inventory, billing and other data as needed.
- Tracing back-orders and expediting delivery for customers.
- Monitors stock inventory for proper levels and informs Purchasing Agent of low stock; removes items from stock for direct sale or delivery; may order parts for stock as authorized. Assists with periodic inventory counts
- Informs customers of stock items available; advises customers on where non-stock parts or equipment may be purchased.
- Other duties as assigned