The Hempel Group is a leader in the production and sales of protective coatings within the marine, container, yacht, decorative and protective market segments. Hempel is a global company with headquarters in Denmark and has 24 factories, 47 sales offices, 3 main and 5 regional research and development centers and more than 130 distribution points strategically located around the world. We are on an exciting journey towards being THE world leader of our industry.
Quality Control Technician – Chemicals
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our team. This person will follow established procedures and guidelines to check, test and inspect raw materials, goods in process and finished goods.
- Carry out the daily QC tests for production batches and incoming raw materials as per established test procedures and work instructions accurately and timely to meet delivery commitment
- Outline batch adjustments to meet Hempel quality standards
- Update batch status and enter results in ERP as required
- Communicate and update production staff on the status of batches
- Maintain and store color draw downs in database
- Accurately and timely document quality test data and retain sample records
- Ensure lab test samples are kept in stock (solvents, cures, bases, etc.)
- Conduct consistent quality checks during production and filling of batches
- Maintain good housekeeping and maintenance of the laboratory and equipment
- Assist in technical evaluation of nonconforming batches and customer complaints