Manufacturing Engineer Job
Process Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer with experience in industrial coatings and processes for large equipment is needed for a direct hire position in Marlboro, MA. You will support manufacturing operations by reducing manufacturing costs, enhancing product quality, work measurements, plant & equipment layout, analyzing production equipment, and recommending new equipment.
- Responsible for continuous improvement upon standards of quality along with the required volume to meet customer commitments
- Responsible for the design and implementation of all work fixtures and assists.
- Coordinate planned efforts to simplify work procedures or methods and reduce costs
- Analyze existing methods of production and develop / execute new or improved methods of production
- Work with Engineering Manager on the manufacturability of all new designs
- Continually assess the effectiveness of methods and procedures as applicable to facilitating workflow and employee productivity to maximize the potential for achieving desired results
- Responsible for all equipment selection and methods for achieving efficient and economical production consistent with established cost and quality standards.
- Responsible for planning and submitting for approval all plant layout changes and coordinating their execution.
- Suggests and participates in discussions involving expansion of facilities, acquisition and installation of capital equipment, major repairs or overhauls (equipment or facilities), to assure the best economic advantage to the Company with the least disruption to scheduled production.
- Associates degree or higher is required. Bachelor?s degree in science or engineering is preferred
- 5+ years experience in similar manufacturing, fabrication or processes
- Experience with industrial coating processes in the fabrication of large / capital equipment
- Computer literate, MS Word, Excel, MS Access
- CAD experience and ability
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 and total quality issues.
Keywords: process engineer, manufacturing engineer, operations, manufacturing operations, cost reduction, product quality, quality, work measurements, plant layout, equipment layout, production equipment, new equipment, continous improvement, work fixtures, work fixture design, work fixture implementation, production methods, new designs, manufacturability, facilitating workflow, workflow, employee productivity, equipment selection, cost standards, quality standards, capital equipment, capital equipment installation, capital equipment acquisition, work standards, production control, safety procedures, osha, osha requirements, training, employee training, ms word, excel, ms access, cad, cad experience, iso 9000, manufacturing operations, operations, manufacturing, industrial engineering, industrial management Manufacturing Engineer Job