Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems Group
Location: Amherst, OH
Job Title: Application Engineer, Powder
Reports to: Supervisor, Application Engineering
FSLA Status: Exempt
Type of position: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management: Manage engineered system projects to completion, meeting milestone dates, system performance requirements, and customer expectations. Meet documentation needs for all systems including system manuals and spare parts lists. Work to exceed project specifications and customer expectations. This includes but not limited to the following:
- Complete Project Definition
- Support Sales/Customer Reviews
- Support of New System Quotes and New Application Development Projects
- Correct Use of Forms (internal processes)
- Timely Communication to Customers
- Cost Management and Margin Improvement of Projects
- Time Management
- Complete and Accurate System Documentation
- System Sign-off
- Embrace and follow the standard work practices developed for application engineering.
- Perform the engineering required to deliver an engineered system that meets and or exceeds the application requirements.
- Applying Basic Engineering Principles
- Using System Problem Solving Methods
- Developing New Solutions/Applications
- Appropriate Equipment Knowledge
- On or off-site pre-installation meetings and installation work as needed.
- Complete ownership of a project, performing the previously described functions to meet customer timing and performance requirements. This will include overtime and travel as required.
- Work within the procedures set forth in Nordson ICS ISO-9001 instructions.