Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems Group
Location: Amherst, OH
Job Title: Application Systems Designer
Reports to: Applications Engineering Supervisor
FSLA Status: Nonexempt
Type of position: Full-Time
The Designer will be responsible for supporting the powder and liquid lines of business in the systems business. This individual must be able to support the Application Engineer for the specific system and provide all the system detail drawings. This position is a feeder position to the Application Engineering position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• System application support through development of concepts, layouts, 3-D solid models, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and assembly models, and product bills of material.
• Produce quick and accurate drawings and models using good design skills bringing the project to completion on time. Flexibility and multitasking is a must. Requirements can change day to day with a variety of skill sets required.
• Maintain proposal list at a manageable level by communicating with sales team.
• Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
• Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve system design.
• Work with manufacturing, assembly and staging personnel, both internal and external to improve design detail and accuracy of system drawings thereby minimizing rework costs.
• Complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).