1. Assures that all products meet the ASME Code, Customer Specifications, and Industry Standards in a quality and timely manner.
2. Leads and directs the work of QC and Receiving Inspection departments.
3. Arrange and attend customer pre-fabrication meetings.
4. Review customer specifications prior to fabrication and identify inspection points. Notify customer of scheduled holds for performing inspections. Prepares Quality Inspection Test Plans (ITP).
5. Review final drawing and engineering package prior to fabrication. Notify engineering of any calculation or
6. Maintain Q.C. records and reports such as but not limited to: welding procedure specifications, welder operator performance qualifications, welder continuity records/log, nonconformance reports.
7. Maintain calibration records of NDT equipment, pressure test gauges, measuring equipment, and others as
8. Prepare and maintain QC job file: drawings, Bill of Material (BOM), Material Test Reports (MTR), NDT records, etc.
9. Performs or delegates visual and/or dimensional inspection of parts and components to support production
10. Oversees the evaluation of the finished product for quality and reliability.
11. Performs or delegates NDT testing, paint/coating inspection, and/or final inspection prior to shipment, as needed.
12. Maintain lab test records such as: charpy impact testing, chemistry, etc.
13. Generate ASME/NBIC Code Data Reports and Code Data packages. Review for accuracy and completeness.
14. Arrange for and schedule subcontractors, customer inspectors, and Code personnel as needed.
15. Provide job status reporting as needed to both internal and external customers.
16. Perform customer feedback and document as need. Initiates Corrective Action and resolution.
17. Assigns tasks to inspectors based on individual capabilities.
18. Applies statistical tools to aid in problem solving and process improvement.
19. Assures that quality inspection work is performed in a safe manner within company and industry practices and standards.