Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems Group
Location: Amherst, OH
Job Title: Designer
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
FSLA Status: Nonexempt
Type of position: Full-Time
The Designer will be responsible for supporting the cold materials line of buinsess in the production of system designs, design drawings and proposal drawings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- System application support through development of concepts, layouts, 3-D solid models, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and assembly models, and product bills of material.
- Produce quick and accurate drawings and models using good design skills bringing the project to completion on time. Flexibility and multitasking is a must. Requirements can change day to day with a variety of skill sets required.
- Maintain proposal list at a manageable level by communicating with sales team.
- Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
- Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve system design.
- Work with manufacturing, assembly and staging personnel, both internal and external to improve design detail and accuracy of system drawings thereby minimizing rework costs.
- Complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).