pipeline Corrosion Technician
The corrosion technician is responsible for Terminal and field executed corrosion prevention duties including, impressed cathodic protection, internal corrosion control and atmospheric corrosion control. This role will also be responsible for protective coating and linings, materials selection and design/project support.
• Working well with local Operations and Maintenance groups and other Corrosion Prevention/Pipeline Integrity personnel and management.
• Responsible for annual cathodic protection surveys, bi-monthly rectifier and critical bond inspections and maintaining the appropriate records/documentation.
• Design, installation and maintaining corrosion control systems.
• Directing and inspecting new cathodic protection system installations.
• Troubleshooting, analysis and repair of areas with pipe to soil potentials that do not meet established criteria.
• Developing and maintaining records for all surveys, tests, work progress reports or other corrosion related documentation. Actively support all corrosion control related activities associated with maintenance and new construction projects.
• Assist with the preparation of job plans, negotiating contracts, budgeting and forecasting costs associated with corrosion control activities.
• Conducting close interval surveys to detect deficiencies and correcting identified interference issues.