Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems
Location: Amherst, OH
Job Title: Powder Application Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Zone
Type of position:
The Powder Application Specialist services and sells aftermarket components and small booths to an assigned territory and customer base. The territory for this position will be Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sell to existing customers’ ancillary equipment and wear parts. Major selling activities to include:
a. Meet and exceed sales budget
b. Serve as Nordson primary representative to customer
c. Sell Nordson products and service
d. Conduct customer demonstrations of Nordson equipment for customer evaluation as part of the sales process
e. Assist with payback analysis for new equipment
f. Use quoting tools to prepare quotations
g. Survey field applications and provide guidance for improved customer operation
h. Present proposals
i. Close sales
j. Network with allied vendors and business organizations
k. Provide territory reporting as required
2. Maintain detailed knowledge of Nordson products, prices, policies and procedures. Adhere to policies and follows procedures.
3. Know which products can be most advantageously used with various finishing and coating products.
4. Provide training support as an application expert.
5. Provide technical support in emergency situations, working with customer maintenance staff to resolve issues either on site or on the phone.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.