||IA - Sioux City IA
Job Classification: Direct Hire
General Statement of Duties
Under general supervision, performs duties of Utility Operator; performs all types of work (except welding) in connection with construction, operation, and maintenance of gas facilities and may install, but not connect, other underground utilities.
- Performs work in safe manner. Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures. Performs all work that they are qualified and trained to do in a manner to protect themselves, fellow employees and the public from injury.
- Locates underground gas and electric facilities in conjunction with their work. Additionally, performs locates where no Locator/Leak Surveyors exist.
- Performs mechanical type tasks such as the fusing of and installation of plastic pipe, installation of steel pipe, installing sleeves, unions, clamps, ells, tees, and crosses. May bury other underground utilities. Applies protective coating on steel pipe and fittings. Installs locating wire on plastic and steel facilities, installs catholic protection devices and takes reads. Assist with setting, removing and piping large meters and regulators. May perform miscellaneous restoration work.
- Responsible for work being performed in accordance with Company and department rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and construction standards. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications and works from prints, sketches and/or verbal instructions.
- Operates main drilling, tapping and stopping equipment.
- Completes leak survey and investigation of gas facilities with combustible gas indicators (CGI and FI), flame ionization equipment, bar-hole testing, and soap.
- May assist with measurements and field paperwork required in connection with operations, maintenance and construction work, including the requisition of materials.
- Installs gas meters through class 2, regulators and vents on residential, commercial, and industrial services in association with maintenance and construction work. Assists others in regards to industrial and commercial sets, regulators and vents.
- Re-lights and inspects gas equipment when performing maintenance on services, replacing services, and moving location of services.
- Maintains work area in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
- Leads, trains and instructs employees in their work.
Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement (Must have passed the written CDL exam to be eligible for job award)
Minimum of three years' gas distribution operations experience with experience in:
- Fusing of and installation of plastic pipe, installation of steel pipe, installing sleeves, unions, clamps, ells, tees, and crosses.
- Operation drilling, tapping and stopping equipment.
- Meter installation
Candidates must be able to pass written and hands-on pre-employment testing
Pipeline and highway alcohol and drug testing is required.
Join Aerotek Energy Services®, one of the largest providers of specialized personnel and management services to the commercial nuclear industry, the Department of Energy, the utilities industry, and engineering and consulting firms throughout North America. Assignments vary from several weeks to several years with many offering permanent opportunities. Aerotek offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek Energy Services team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
Our Abrasives Hold Up Under Pressure
N. T. Ruddock focuses on abrasive selection, equipment evaluation, equipment maintenance & reduction of abrasive consumption. Other services include Screen Analysis & Background Radiation Testing.
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
The Sidewinder Model M2 Solvent Recycler
Combat the rising cost of gunwash, thinners, acetone & more while drastically reducing waste disposal coat.
Find BLACK BEAUTY® Abrasives
Use our online tool to search by address, city or zip code to find where you can buy BLACK BEAUTY® abrasives.
Or call us toll free: 1-888-733-3646
Powerful Protection in a Small Package
Mounts inside blast helmet, alerts operator to dangerous breathing-air condition by audible, visual, and vibratory alarms. Easily calibrated, battery operated.
Performance Amine 1,3-BAC
A highly reactive cycloaliphatic diamine offering superior performance. Reasonable cost and curing efficacy makes it suitable for all types of epoxy resin applications.
BRISTLE BLASTER® - THE ORIGINAL ONE
Surface cleanliness of SSPC-10 | Anchor profile
up to 4.7 mils | Removes corrosion & coatings |
ATEX approved for zone 1
| www.monti.com | 832-623-7970