||IA - Sioux City IA
Job Classification: Direct Hire
General Statement of Duties
Under general supervision, performs duties of Utility Operator; performs all types of work (except welding) in connection with construction, operation, and maintenance of gas facilities and may install, but not connect, other underground utilities.
- Performs work in safe manner. Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures. Performs all work that they are qualified and trained to do in a manner to protect themselves, fellow employees and the public from injury.
- Locates underground gas and electric facilities in conjunction with their work. Additionally, performs locates where no Locator/Leak Surveyors exist.
- Performs mechanical type tasks such as the fusing of and installation of plastic pipe, installation of steel pipe, installing sleeves, unions, clamps, ells, tees, and crosses. May bury other underground utilities. Applies protective coating on steel pipe and fittings. Installs locating wire on plastic and steel facilities, installs catholic protection devices and takes reads. Assist with setting, removing and piping large meters and regulators. May perform miscellaneous restoration work.
- Responsible for work being performed in accordance with Company and department rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and construction standards. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications and works from prints, sketches and/or verbal instructions.
- Operates main drilling, tapping and stopping equipment.
- Completes leak survey and investigation of gas facilities with combustible gas indicators (CGI and FI), flame ionization equipment, bar-hole testing, and soap.
- May assist with measurements and field paperwork required in connection with operations, maintenance and construction work, including the requisition of materials.
- Installs gas meters through class 2, regulators and vents on residential, commercial, and industrial services in association with maintenance and construction work. Assists others in regards to industrial and commercial sets, regulators and vents.
- Re-lights and inspects gas equipment when performing maintenance on services, replacing services, and moving location of services.
- Maintains work area in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
- Leads, trains and instructs employees in their work.
Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement (Must have passed the written CDL exam to be eligible for job award)
Minimum of three years' gas distribution operations experience with experience in:
- Fusing of and installation of plastic pipe, installation of steel pipe, installing sleeves, unions, clamps, ells, tees, and crosses.
- Operation drilling, tapping and stopping equipment.
- Meter installation
Candidates must be able to pass written and hands-on pre-employment testing
Pipeline and highway alcohol and drug testing is required.
Join Aerotek Energy Services®, one of the largest providers of specialized personnel and management services to the commercial nuclear industry, the Department of Energy, the utilities industry, and engineering and consulting firms throughout North America. Assignments vary from several weeks to several years with many offering permanent opportunities. Aerotek offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek Energy Services team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
TIER 4 EQUIPMENT
We have Tier 4 Equipment including Air Compressors &
Generators for Sale & Rent! Your job may now require Tier-4. www.absoluteequip.com or Call 412-931-6655.
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
Dry-Pro Air Dryers & Aftercooler Skids
Feature a compact design, small footprint and available in 6 models ranging from 250 CFM up to 1600 CFM. (2500 CFM H.D. models also available)
BRISTLE BLASTER® – THE ORIGINAL ONE
Abrasive blast with a power tool
Remove corrosion, mill scale and coatings
Cleans & roughens
Meets SSPC-SP 10 / NACE No. 2
Profile up to 4.7 mils
ATEX Zone 1
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
SOLUTIONS THAT WORK
Companies that invest in corrosion control use CHLOR RID products
- Soluble salt removal liquid
- Test kits to verify contamination levels
- Surface passivation to hold the blast
Maximum Dust Suppression Systems Start at $14,950
The system comprises proven
technology and equipment with
user-friendly flexibility in mind.
See it in action.
Modern Safety Techniques
With our unique LTCat, we can help to provide clean, safe breathing air to your
workers. Take a look at our Breathing Air Systems, we supply at least twice as much
charcoal as our competitors!