MidAmerican Energy Company
||IA - Des Moines IA
General Statement of Duties
Under general supervision, performs duties of Utility Operator; performs all types of work (except welding) in connection with construction, operation, and maintenance of gas facilities and may install, but not connect, other underground utilities.
- Performs work in safe manner. Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures. Performs all work that they are qualified and trained to do in a manner to protect themselves, fellow employees and the public from injury.
- Locates underground gas and electric facilities in conjunction with their work. Additionally, performs locates where no Locator/Leak Surveyors exist.
- Performs mechanical type tasks such as the fusing of and installation of plastic pipe, installation of steel pipe, installing sleeves, unions, clamps, ells, tees, and crosses. May bury other underground utilities. Applies protective coating on steel pipe and fittings. Installs locating wire on plastic and steel facilities, installs cathodic protection devices and takes reads. Assist with setting, removing and piping large meters and regulators. May perform miscellaneous restoration work.
- Responsible for work being performed in accordance with Company and department rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and construction standards. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications and works from prints, sketches and/or verbal instructions.
- Operates main drilling, tapping and stopping equipment.
- Completes leak survey and investigation of gas facilities with combustible gas indicators (CGI and FI), flame ionization equipment, bar-hole testing, and soap.
- May assist with measurements and field paperwork required in connection with operations, maintenance and construction work, including the requisition of materials.
- Installs gas meters through class 2, regulators and vents on residential, commercial, and industrial services in association with maintenance and construction work. Assists others in regards to industrial and commercial sets, regulators and vents.
- Re-lights and inspects gas equipment when performing maintenance on services, replacing services, and moving location of services.
- Maintains work area in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
- Leads, trains and instructs employees in their work.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!
The pass-through or "daisy-chain" system by CamLok SAVES YOU MONEY!
Don Bechtol has over 40 years of experience utilizing climate control for blasting/painting projects. Call today!
¡SE HABLA ESPAÑOL!
Portable Blast &
Trailer or skid mounted blast and recovery equipment. Systems designed for maximum versatility, environmental compliance
and overall cost savings.
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK TO SEE...
what we did to this machine!
Let ADI upgrade your machine, extending
the life, efficiency, and value. Any make.
Like new, but better!
the New miniBRS
Reduced in size, it is incredibly easy to maneuver and operate! The perfect alternative to larger blast & recovery units when project space is limited.
NEW PROBE FOR MEASURING TSA THICKNESS
Paired with the PHASCOPE PMP10, Fischer’s new probe is quick and accurate for measuring thermally sprayed aluminum on stainless steel. Click to learn more.
We Protect and Beautify the World
PPG is widely recognized as a world leader in protective and marine coatings, developing innovative, cutting-edge products and services.
Jotachar JF750 - The Time Saving Solution
The only mesh free solution for jet fire scenarios. Jotachar saves installation time and material costs - the next generation of epoxy passive fire protection.
Corrosion protection – one layer ahead
Pasquick® saves one layer of coating in corrosion protection projects – resulting in faster workflows and more cost efficiency for owners and contractors.