F.D. Thomas, Inc.
||Medford OR USA
Commensurate to Experience
F.D. Thomas, Inc.
Number of Openings: One
Job Location: Medford, OR
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is looking for an ambitious Estimator for our Industrial Painting/Specialty Coating Division. A minimum of 5 years experience within the construction industry is required. This position is an integral part of the overall Strategic Plan and must be a team player.
The Estimator is in charge of securing successful estimates which would include the following:
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications and RFP’s
- Develop the bid strategy, assemble complete bid packages and attend bid walks
- Seek out bid opportunities; network with customers, vendors, and engineers
- Estimate and/or price out estimates from the Estimating Department
- Manage bid board and update bid log tracking
- Build, update, track and manage project budgets; cost control/change orders and submittals
- Communication with all parties to insure a successful outcome
- Update electronic files and ensure proper information is entered into Viewpoint
The successful candidate must possess the ability to:
- Function under pressure
- Be extremely organized
- Have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines
- Proficient understanding of excel spreadsheets
- Willing to adapt to proven Company processes and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA): (Education and Experience)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years in the construction industry
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office products such as: Excel and Word
- Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
- Excellent math and reading skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with diverse persons.
- Highly organized, efficient time management, excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, priority setting, and decision making abilities.
- Ability to follow company policy, procedures, and adhere to company values and culture.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Proficient with Viewpoint and MS Project software or other similar software
- 5 years in a similar position
- Please visit our website at www.fdthomas.com/careers to download our application form.
- Send a cover letter, resume with references, along with a completed application to the email address listed or fax to 866-554-3010.
Please note: Applicants will be contacted only if considered for an interview.
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.”
Apply for this job
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
NEW PROBE FOR MEASURING TSA THICKNESS
Paired with the PHASCOPE PMP10, Fischer’s new probe is quick and accurate for measuring thermally sprayed aluminum on stainless steel. Click to learn more.
Powerful Protection in a Small Package
Mounts inside blast helmet, alerts operator to dangerous breathing-air condition by audible, visual, and vibratory alarms. Easily calibrated, battery operated.
*Stop flash rust
*Easy to use and only pennies
per square foot
*Works with poor quality
*Use for mist blasting, vapor
blasting, wet blasting and
*Leaves no residue and
provides excellent adhesion.
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
Sika® Industrial Floor Coatings
Click to learn about floor and wall systems relied upon for performance, durability, easy maintenance and aesthetics across the every industry and environment.
Performance Amine 1,3-BAC
A highly reactive cycloaliphatic diamine offering superior performance. Reasonable cost and curing efficacy makes it suitable for all types of epoxy resin applications.
Our Abrasives Hold Up Under Pressure
N. T. Ruddock focuses on abrasive selection, equipment evaluation, equipment maintenance & reduction of abrasive consumption. Other services include Screen Analysis & Background Radiation Testing.
GOING BEYOND INDUSTRY STANDARDS
The ADI HD40 Dust Collector is a smaller, more
economical way to meet/ exceed Industry standards.
Watch the video for details on our website.