F.D. Thomas, Inc.
||Medford OR USA
Commensurate to Experience
F.D. Thomas, Inc.
Number of Openings: One
Job Location: Medford, OR
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is looking for an ambitious Estimator for our Industrial Painting/Specialty Coating Division. A minimum of 5 years experience within the construction industry is required. This position is an integral part of the overall Strategic Plan and must be a team player.
The Estimator is in charge of securing successful estimates which would include the following:
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications and RFP’s
- Develop the bid strategy, assemble complete bid packages and attend bid walks
- Seek out bid opportunities; network with customers, vendors, and engineers
- Estimate and/or price out estimates from the Estimating Department
- Manage bid board and update bid log tracking
- Build, update, track and manage project budgets; cost control/change orders and submittals
- Communication with all parties to insure a successful outcome
- Update electronic files and ensure proper information is entered into Viewpoint
The successful candidate must possess the ability to:
- Function under pressure
- Be extremely organized
- Have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines
- Proficient understanding of excel spreadsheets
- Willing to adapt to proven Company processes and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA): (Education and Experience)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years in the construction industry
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office products such as: Excel and Word
- Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
- Excellent math and reading skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with diverse persons.
- Highly organized, efficient time management, excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, priority setting, and decision making abilities.
- Ability to follow company policy, procedures, and adhere to company values and culture.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Proficient with Viewpoint and MS Project software or other similar software
- 5 years in a similar position
- Please visit our website at www.fdthomas.com/careers to download our application form.
- Send a cover letter, resume with references, along with a completed application to the email address listed or fax to 866-554-3010.
Please note: Applicants will be contacted only if considered for an interview.
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.”
Apply for this job
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!
Refresh Your CP Skills
With this 12-station, interactive program, practice your CP skills online by working through step-by-step, real-life testing scenarios.
Dust - Free Surface Prep
• Efficient-Fast clean/remove
• Advanced Containment
• Safe - Well Below OSHA
• Yes! - Innovative Solutions!
DESCO Mfg.Co., Inc.www.descomfg.com
Temperature Indicating Paint/Coating
protective coating that provide a visual warning that a pipe, vessel, reactor, transfer line, and similar equipment is overheating due to failure of refractory linings or the bypassing of hot gasses.
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
What keeps contractors one layer ahead when finishing their projects?
The answer: Pasquick®. Thanks to Pasquick®, one layer of coating is saved – resulting in faster workflows and earlier project finishing. Learn more.
Powerful Protection in a Small Package
Mounts inside blast helmet, alerts operator to dangerous breathing-air condition by audible, visual, and vibratory alarms. Easily calibrated, battery operated.