F.D. Thomas, Inc.
Number of Openings: Two
Job Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Location: Seattle, WA /Portland, OR
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is looking for hard working, ambitious, Estimators for our Industrial Painting/Specialty Coating Division. A minimum of 5 years experience within the construction industry is required. This position is an integral part of the overall Strategic Plan and must be a team player.
The Estimator is in charge of securing successful estimates which would include the following:
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications and RFP’s
- Develop the bid strategy, assemble complete bid packages and attend bid walks
- Seek out bid opportunities; network with customers, vendors, and engineers
- Estimate and/or price out estimates from the Estimating Department
- Manage bid board and update bid log tracking
- Build, update, track and manage project budgets; cost control/change orders and submittals
- Communication with all parties to insure a successful outcome
- Update electronic files and ensure proper information is entered into Viewpoint
The successful candidate must possess the ability to:
- Function under pressure
- Be extremely organized
- Have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of excel spreadsheets
- Willing to adapt to proven Company processes and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA): (Education and Experience)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years in the construction industry
- Good computer skills with MS Office products such as: Excel and Word
- Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
- Excellent math and reading skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with diverse persons.
- Highly organized, efficient time management, excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, priority setting, and decision making abilities.
- Ability to follow company policy, procedures, and adhere to company values and culture.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Proficient with Viewpoint and MS Project software or other similar software
- 5 years in a similar position
- Please visit our website at www.fdthomas.com/careers to download our application form.
- Send a cover letter with the Job ID, resume with references, along with a completed application to the email address listed or fax to 866-554-3010.
Job Location: Sacramento, CA (Use Job ID EST-SAC)
Job Location: Portland, OR/Seattle, WA (Use Job ID EST-PNW)
Please note: Applicants will be contacted only if considered for an interview.
F.D. Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.”