Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems Group - SEE
Location: Plymouth, MI
Job Title: Designer - SEE
Reports to: Design Engineer
The Designer will be responsible for supporting the various markets in the production of system designs, design drawings and proposal drawings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• System application support through development of concepts, layouts, 3-D solid models, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and assembly models, and product bills of material.
• Produce quick and accurate drawings and models using good design skills bringing the project to completion on time. Flexibility and multitasking is a must. Requirements can change day to day with a variety of skill sets required.
• Maintain proposal list at a manageable level by communicating with sales team.
• Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
• Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve system design.
• Work with manufacturing, assembly and staging personnel, both internal and external to improve design detail and accuracy of system drawings thereby minimizing rework costs.
• Complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).