Williams Companies Inc
||OK - Tulsa OK
The Internal Corrosion Pipeline Integrity Engineer provides technical support for internal corrosion control through monitoring and chemical applications for pipelines and plants, supporting other senior members of the corrosion control team. It is desirable that the successful candidate have experience in the areas of external corrosion control, pipeline design, construction, maintenance, integrity testing and repair, in-line inspection, welding, and leak detection methodologies. The successful candidate will support Operations by preparing practical, cost-effective internal corrosion control programs and activities for both onshore and offshore gathering systems in the United States and Canada, as well as for transmission lines transporting natural gas or liquid products.
- Coordinate and implement the internal corrosion control program including working with corrosion technicians, chemical suppliers, operations, engineering, and business development to define cleaning, chemical treating, and monitoring requirements for pipeline systems and plants. Continuous evaluation and review of newly collected data related to the effectiveness of internal corrosion control programs and ongoing production.
- Assist with the external corrosion control program. This includes working with the Pipeline Compliance System (PCS), corrosion technicians, contractors, suppliers, operations, engineering, and business development.
- Maintain and update metrics related to controlling potential internal corrosion, and assist with external corrosion control metrics.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an internal corrosion control database.
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Material Science and Metallurgy, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering. Other degrees with a strong chemistry or NDT emphasis may qualify as well.
- 4 years experience in Internal Corrosion Control for either liquids or natural gas pipelines
- NACE certification as an Internal Corrosion Technologist and Chemical Treatment Specialist, preferred, or the ability (experience and credentials) to complete NACE certifications within 2 years required.
- NACE certified CP2 or higher preferred.
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- Competent knowledge and experience in internal corrosion monitoring and control with in depth understanding of corrosion mechanisms and mitigation techniques including a thorough knowledge of applicable NACE Standards required
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement process management methodologies while incorporating the same into O & M Manuals, writing standards, process quality assurance and developing metrics required.
- Working knowledge of CFR Parts 192 Natural Gas and 195 Liquid Pipeline Regulations as well as Alberta Pipeline Regulation 91/2005 and CSA Z662 preferred
***This position will be filled at the posted level and within the salary range if commensurate to the experience (i.e., skills, abilities & knowledge) of successful candidate; however if unable to be filled at this level, the position may be filled with a respective competitive market based on the experience of the selected candidate***
Williams Corporation will pay relocation costs for this position.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
We Are Hiring a Material Process Engineer
We build more than great ships, we build careers. Join us.
Blastox® - One Step Lead Abatement
Sandblast additive delivered to jobsite pre-blended to eliminate hazardous abrasive wastes. Why mix, meter or apply at the job-site? Blast with ease and
Let your painters paint!
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
Coatings Adhesion Testers
The PATTI® accurately measures the bond strength between coating & substrate. Outfitted properly, the surface can be rough, porous, or curved & >10K psi strong!
Safety, Productivity, Quality. Robotic Blasting
Learn how this simple to use, field deployed, automatic robot is eliminating hazards in major confined, cluttered and complex surface preparation projects.
Robotic Blast Cleaning
Replace manual blasting with new Blastman robot models. Contact us to boost your production and save costs!
2016 WJTA-IMCA Expo Nov. 2-3, New Orleans
See the latest advances in automated and handheld UHP waterjetting tools/systems for paint/coating removal, surface prep, industrial cleaning. Exhibits, live demos.
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.