Williams Companies Inc
||OK - Tulsa OK
The Internal Corrosion Pipeline Integrity Engineer provides technical support for internal corrosion control through monitoring and chemical applications for pipelines and plants, supporting other senior members of the corrosion control team. It is desirable that the successful candidate have experience in the areas of external corrosion control, pipeline design, construction, maintenance, integrity testing and repair, in-line inspection, welding, and leak detection methodologies. The successful candidate will support Operations by preparing practical, cost-effective internal corrosion control programs and activities for both onshore and offshore gathering systems in the United States and Canada, as well as for transmission lines transporting natural gas or liquid products.
- Coordinate and implement the internal corrosion control program including working with corrosion technicians, chemical suppliers, operations, engineering, and business development to define cleaning, chemical treating, and monitoring requirements for pipeline systems and plants. Continuous evaluation and review of newly collected data related to the effectiveness of internal corrosion control programs and ongoing production.
- Assist with the external corrosion control program. This includes working with the Pipeline Compliance System (PCS), corrosion technicians, contractors, suppliers, operations, engineering, and business development.
- Maintain and update metrics related to controlling potential internal corrosion, and assist with external corrosion control metrics.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an internal corrosion control database.
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Material Science and Metallurgy, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering. Other degrees with a strong chemistry or NDT emphasis may qualify as well.
- 4 years experience in Internal Corrosion Control for either liquids or natural gas pipelines
- NACE certification as an Internal Corrosion Technologist and Chemical Treatment Specialist, preferred, or the ability (experience and credentials) to complete NACE certifications within 2 years required.
- NACE certified CP2 or higher preferred.
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- Competent knowledge and experience in internal corrosion monitoring and control with in depth understanding of corrosion mechanisms and mitigation techniques including a thorough knowledge of applicable NACE Standards required
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement process management methodologies while incorporating the same into O & M Manuals, writing standards, process quality assurance and developing metrics required.
- Working knowledge of CFR Parts 192 Natural Gas and 195 Liquid Pipeline Regulations as well as Alberta Pipeline Regulation 91/2005 and CSA Z662 preferred
***This position will be filled at the posted level and within the salary range if commensurate to the experience (i.e., skills, abilities & knowledge) of successful candidate; however if unable to be filled at this level, the position may be filled with a respective competitive market based on the experience of the selected candidate***
Williams Corporation will pay relocation costs for this position.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
Schmidt Improves Conversion Kits
Schmidt's conversion kits turn out-of-date blast pots into high quality, efficient blasters. Quick, easy to
install with step by step
Modern Safety Techniques
See our Low Temperature Catalyst for your CO removal needs. Help to provide your
workers with safe, comfortable breathing air!
Safer Abrasive! 100% Recycled Glass!
NO Free Silica, Beryllium or other human Toxins!
Great White Metal Finish and safer than Slags!
Call us at 866-775- 6226
Novatek Corporation, Dustless Coatings Removal
Strip, clean and profile all dust free!
Comply with new lead standards.
Contact today: (866) 563-7800
Hempel Protective Coatings
With IMO, PSPC approved tank coatings solutions we give you tough, long lasting results that are tailored to meet your exact needs.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
The latest in Protective Coatings Technology
Examines every generic
type of protective coating
in detail, along
with advantages and disadvantages of each. Add it to your library in print
Pyroclad® X1 Thermo-Lag® Pyrocrete® – protecting against hydrocarbon and jet fires, explosions, and cryogenic spills.
The Original Performance Proven Vacuum Solutions
Vecloader™ DV 145, 350hp 6200 CFM & 28’’hg. For those big jobs, choose Vector for the most powerful trailer mounted vacuum in the industry today. 800-832-4010, 414-247-7100.
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.