Williams Companies Inc
||OK - Tulsa OK
The Internal Corrosion Pipeline Integrity Engineer provides technical support for internal corrosion control through monitoring and chemical applications for pipelines and plants, supporting other senior members of the corrosion control team. It is desirable that the successful candidate have experience in the areas of external corrosion control, pipeline design, construction, maintenance, integrity testing and repair, in-line inspection, welding, and leak detection methodologies. The successful candidate will support Operations by preparing practical, cost-effective internal corrosion control programs and activities for both onshore and offshore gathering systems in the United States and Canada, as well as for transmission lines transporting natural gas or liquid products.
- Coordinate and implement the internal corrosion control program including working with corrosion technicians, chemical suppliers, operations, engineering, and business development to define cleaning, chemical treating, and monitoring requirements for pipeline systems and plants. Continuous evaluation and review of newly collected data related to the effectiveness of internal corrosion control programs and ongoing production.
- Assist with the external corrosion control program. This includes working with the Pipeline Compliance System (PCS), corrosion technicians, contractors, suppliers, operations, engineering, and business development.
- Maintain and update metrics related to controlling potential internal corrosion, and assist with external corrosion control metrics.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an internal corrosion control database.
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Material Science and Metallurgy, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering. Other degrees with a strong chemistry or NDT emphasis may qualify as well.
- 4 years experience in Internal Corrosion Control for either liquids or natural gas pipelines
- NACE certification as an Internal Corrosion Technologist and Chemical Treatment Specialist, preferred, or the ability (experience and credentials) to complete NACE certifications within 2 years required.
- NACE certified CP2 or higher preferred.
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- Competent knowledge and experience in internal corrosion monitoring and control with in depth understanding of corrosion mechanisms and mitigation techniques including a thorough knowledge of applicable NACE Standards required
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement process management methodologies while incorporating the same into O & M Manuals, writing standards, process quality assurance and developing metrics required.
- Working knowledge of CFR Parts 192 Natural Gas and 195 Liquid Pipeline Regulations as well as Alberta Pipeline Regulation 91/2005 and CSA Z662 preferred
***This position will be filled at the posted level and within the salary range if commensurate to the experience (i.e., skills, abilities & knowledge) of successful candidate; however if unable to be filled at this level, the position may be filled with a respective competitive market based on the experience of the selected candidate***
Williams Corporation will pay relocation costs for this position.
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Built for Tough Jobs
From Epoxies to Urethanes to other high solid coatings, the new Binks Airless 75 delivers a great finish using an ergonomic design. Visit binks.com for more information.
Trusted worldwide for advanced protective coatings
–Full range of
–Fast, reliable service worldwide. Contact us at email@example.com
• Field Diagnosis
• Lab Diagnosis
• Determination of Cause
Coatings Adhesion Testers
The PATTI® accurately measures the bond strength between coating & substrate. Outfitted properly, the surface can be rough, porous, or curved & >10K psi strong!
Sherwin-Williams General Polymers Resinous Flooring App
Our coatings and linings expertise available 24/7, allowing you to explore the Sherwin-Williams systems best suited for your flooring needs. Android Users Click here to Download the app today!
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
Robotic Blasting and Painting
When using the FasterBlaster and FasterPainter, blasting and painting can be conducted simultaneously. View the video for a full explanation of the operation.
AirTech - World Leader in Custom Spray Solutions
AirTech is the solution
for any custom spray application. We have painting & finishing equipment, blast equipment, painting accessories, booth filter and many more items in inventory.
Performance Amine 1,3-BAC
A highly reactive cycloaliphatic diamine offering superior performance. Reasonable cost and curing efficacy makes it suitable for all types of epoxy resin applications.