PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE. PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG).
For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
Key Responsibilities: Develop Domestic Commercial Marine / Blue Water accounts headquartered in North America (US and Canada - USCA) as it relates to growing and supporting global sales with these accounts for new buildings, dry-dockings and sea-stock (maintenance coating) requirements. Supporting global marketing and sales programs with these Global Marine key accounts in order to meet budgeted sales and profitability objectives
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES -
1. Responsible for growing PPG PMC Commercial Marine / Blue Water Market share in the primary segment of Blue Water / Deep Draft Shipping with secondary responsibilities in the logistics / marine container market.
2. Build relationships with local marine owners, gather information from the owners who have new builds, coordinate with Asia and Brazil, negotiate specifications and the owner benefit package.
3. Responsible for the development and implementation of strategies for increased sales and market share and will act as a team leader or facilitator to target the respective key Commercial Marine / Blue Water accounts and the management / approving agencies
for such accounts.
4. Understands global fleet requirements and will liaison and coordinate with PMC resources globally to grow market share. Will receive instructions from Asia Pacific and Brazil on which owners to visit and report back actions taken. This will involve sales and
specification activities with ship owners and ship operating / management companies to secure specification approval and provide opportunities for the Field Technical Sales Organization to compete and secure sales.
5. Develop relationships with customers and sales team to be an effective partner in meeting sales goals. Support joint sales in various regions of the US and Canada with Key Global Marine Accounts. The position will work closely with the PMC USCA
Director of sales and Zone Managers.
6. Responsibilities will include strategies to capture business with Blue Water vessel owners, operators and, management companies. This group of potential accounts will have operations and facilities within USCA.
7. Communicate effectively at all levels of customer organizations, including top executives. Dual reporting to local US Marine and Global Marine managers. Update the New Build track record sent by Asia.
8. Generate new business and ensure continuing sales growth by keeping abreast of new products, techniques, & competitive trends.