Director of Steel Fabrication
- Manage multiple million dollar projects ensuring on time fabrication, within budget, and meeting all required specifications.
- Accountable for the success and profitability of each project.
- Plans and manages projects to include scheduling, engineering, fabrication, material control, and purchases.
- Sets goals and agendas for fabrication shop workers and management.
- Reviews production reports and resolves issues in the area of craft performance, production schedules, manning projections, budget requirements to ensure effective corrective action.
- Collaborates with the estimator or project manager in developing estimates for changes, and must provide feedback on over or under budgets for work items.
- Reviews all engineer drawings for planning purposes, prior to commencing production.
- Manages the building of complex ship modules, barges and large complex industrial fabrication projects.
- Conducts weekly production meetings with supervisors, welding manager, and quality assurance personnel on the progress of each project to determine issues that needed to be resolved and tasked to be accomplished.
- Actively participates to identify training needs of personnel to improve overall performance.
- Implements process improvements in production, and develop methods to increase the level of quality products.
- Improves and initiates safety programs in fabrication shop.
- Determines staffing requirements, performs interviews of prospective news hires and makes job offers for management and supervisory positions.
- Responsible for ensuring all machinery and equipment is inspected and maintained to design operational performance and optimum utilization.
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Global Employment USA
4905 W Tilghman Street, Suite 160
Allentown, PA 18104
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]