We are a well established and expanding steel bridge industry in need of an experienced painter. We serve major private, municipal and government customers with custom engineered solutions for their infrastructure needs across North America.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization that is focused on results and success. We are making significant investments in our business for the long-term and are seeking talented professionals who believe in the company’s vision and promising future.
The Painter position will be responsible for applying multiple coats of paint on structural steel shapes and handrails with two component primers, moisture curing urethanes, and epoxies. This position may also be required to sandblast structures prior to painting on occasion.
- Applying paint on structural steel as directed
- Assisting in maintenance documentation of materials used including serial numbers, lot numbers, and colors.
- Tracking all paint products by labeling with appropriate project numbers as directed.
- Reviewing all shop drawings for understanding of specifications for each project prior to conducting the actual painting for that specific job
- Ensures all painting and sandblasting equipment is kept clean and in good repair.
- Ensures that blast cleaning, priming, and painting meet AASHTO, AISC, SSPC, and Company standards for quality, environment, and safety.
- Properly stores paint products within manufacturers recommendations.
- Follows all safety guidelines and procedures as set by the Company.
- Uses proper equipment to maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintaining an efficient work environment.