SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings
||Pittsburgh PA USA
Influence decision-makers regarding the use of SSPC programs and standards in project specifications.
This will be accomplished through building relationships and establishing direct lines of communication with coatings project specifiers, including: Private and public facility owners, design engineers, architects, coatings consultants, material and equipment suppliers, and industrial and commercial painting contractors.
Other primary responsibilities include-
- Marketing and public relations efforts to raise awareness of SSPC among targeted demographics
- Prepare presentations and conduct direct sales, including identifying prospects, preparing slides, scheduling travel, setting up meetings, attending trade shows, and closing the sale.
- Develop, analyze and distribute market segment reports on customer information. Translate findings into practical, actionable market recommendations. Create and implement performance measurement reports which include analyses and strategies for customer development.
This position works closely with the Sr. Business Development Specialist and other SSPC staff and is based at SSPC's headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
Desired Skills & Experience-
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, communication or related field.
- Strong presentation skills.
- 5-years related experience in Business Development or Sales in the coatings industry preferred, with a demonstrated ability to gain new customers
- Excellent technical skills necessary for understanding SSPC products and the needs of our members and customers.
- Proven ability to contribute in team environments.
- Ability to organize and implement marketing and telemarketing programs.
- Ability to articulate SSPC information to target audiences and business decision makers.
- Office administration skills: file systems, records and reports, scheduling and coordination, superior marketing phone skills; customer service inquiries and response skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer competence in: Word processing, data base, spreadsheets, and presentation software; use of office equipment - phone system, fax, copier, etc. - and office practices; operate almost exclusively in an office environment with minimal exposure to hazards;
- Higher level of mental effort and time demands. These are intensified as conferences and programs approach when multiple activities take place simultaneously.
- High energy and self-discipline.
- Must be able to travel frequently, mainly throughout North America. Occasional unexpected travel may be required. US passport will be needed for occasional international travel.
Apply for this job
E-mail this job listing to a friend
GOT LEAD? Specify Pretox System products
The ONLY Lead Stabilizer
Compatible with All
Paint Removal Methods.
Works with all Blast Media:
Grits | Recyclable Abrasives
| CO2 | Water | Power Tools | Etc.
Call Dave Steffen at 800.338.8296.
Safety, Productivity, Quality. Robotic Blasting
Learn how this simple to use, field deployed, automatic robot is eliminating hazards in major confined, cluttered and complex surface preparation projects.
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
Your Access Advantage. QUIKDECK®
Provides safe, factory-floor-like working conditions. Can be engineered to fit almost any shape, structure or size. Modular platform easily assembled from just a few basic components. Excellent containment. Applications include vessels, offshore rigs and bridges.
Humidity & Temperature Control Equipment
Rental Desiccant Dehumidifiers, ArcticDRY Units, Air Conditioners, Heaters and Generators to help control the climate on your next industrial painting project. Nationwide locations, 24/7 service: (866) 379-2600 www.drycogroup.com”
The Tough Cable
for a Tough Industry.
Reduce maintenance costs and down time, increase job site safety with Enduroguard Cable. Available exclusively from SAFE Systems. UL listed, flexible, abrasion resistant and cut resistant.
Schmidt's VBS System reduces blowdown intensity, prevents exhaust from damaging floor while using no screens or filters.
Reduces sound; Increasing safety.
MP0R with rotating display screen
Automatic rotating display screen just like your smart phone. Click for Video
Sherwin-Williams General Polymers Resinous Flooring App
Our coatings and linings expertise available 24/7, allowing you to explore the Sherwin-Williams systems best suited for your flooring needs. Android Users Click here to Download the app today!