Influence decision-makers regarding the use of SSPC programs and standards in project specifications.
This will be accomplished through building relationships and establishing direct lines of communication with coatings project specifiers, including: Private and public facility owners, design engineers, architects, coatings consultants, material and equipment suppliers, and industrial and commercial painting contractors.
Other primary responsibilities include-
- Marketing and public relations efforts to raise awareness of SSPC among targeted demographics
- Prepare presentations and conduct direct sales, including identifying prospects, preparing slides, scheduling travel, setting up meetings, attending trade shows, and closing the sale.
- Develop, analyze and distribute market segment reports on customer information. Translate findings into practical, actionable market recommendations. Create and implement performance measurement reports which include analyses and strategies for customer development.
This position works closely with the Sr. Business Development Specialist and other SSPC staff and is based at SSPC's headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
Desired Skills & Experience-
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, communication or related field.
- Strong presentation skills.
- 5-years related experience in Business Development or Sales in the coatings industry preferred, with a demonstrated ability to gain new customers
- Excellent technical skills necessary for understanding SSPC products and the needs of our members and customers.
- Proven ability to contribute in team environments.
- Ability to organize and implement marketing and telemarketing programs.
- Ability to articulate SSPC information to target audiences and business decision makers.
- Office administration skills: file systems, records and reports, scheduling and coordination, superior marketing phone skills; customer service inquiries and response skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer competence in: Word processing, data base, spreadsheets, and presentation software; use of office equipment - phone system, fax, copier, etc. - and office practices; operate almost exclusively in an office environment with minimal exposure to hazards;
- Higher level of mental effort and time demands. These are intensified as conferences and programs approach when multiple activities take place simultaneously.
- High energy and self-discipline.
- Must be able to travel frequently, mainly throughout North America. Occasional unexpected travel may be required. US passport will be needed for occasional international travel.