SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings
||Pittsburgh PA USA
Influence decision-makers regarding the use of SSPC programs and standards in project specifications.
This will be accomplished through building relationships and establishing direct lines of communication with coatings project specifiers, including: Private and public facility owners, design engineers, architects, coatings consultants, material and equipment suppliers, and industrial and commercial painting contractors.
Other primary responsibilities include-
- Marketing and public relations efforts to raise awareness of SSPC among targeted demographics
- Prepare presentations and conduct direct sales, including identifying prospects, preparing slides, scheduling travel, setting up meetings, attending trade shows, and closing the sale.
- Develop, analyze and distribute market segment reports on customer information. Translate findings into practical, actionable market recommendations. Create and implement performance measurement reports which include analyses and strategies for customer development.
This position works closely with the Sr. Business Development Specialist and other SSPC staff and is based at SSPC's headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
Desired Skills & Experience-
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, communication or related field.
- Strong presentation skills.
- 5-years related experience in Business Development or Sales in the coatings industry preferred, with a demonstrated ability to gain new customers
- Excellent technical skills necessary for understanding SSPC products and the needs of our members and customers.
- Proven ability to contribute in team environments.
- Ability to organize and implement marketing and telemarketing programs.
- Ability to articulate SSPC information to target audiences and business decision makers.
- Office administration skills: file systems, records and reports, scheduling and coordination, superior marketing phone skills; customer service inquiries and response skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer competence in: Word processing, data base, spreadsheets, and presentation software; use of office equipment - phone system, fax, copier, etc. - and office practices; operate almost exclusively in an office environment with minimal exposure to hazards;
- Higher level of mental effort and time demands. These are intensified as conferences and programs approach when multiple activities take place simultaneously.
- High energy and self-discipline.
- Must be able to travel frequently, mainly throughout North America. Occasional unexpected travel may be required. US passport will be needed for occasional international travel.
Apply for this job
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
Our Western Canada Sales team is seeking individuals for Sales Rep positions.
NACE or SSPC certifications. Krisy.email@example.com
PosiTector Inspection Kits
PosiTector 6000 Coating Thickness Gage easily
converts to a surface profile gage, dew point meter or
ultrasonic wall thickness gage with a simple probe change
W Abrasives - Surf Prep Pack
Experts in surface preparation are not working only on greens. To discover the SURF PREP PACK dedicated to experts. Visit our website, www.wabrasives.com.
Blastox® - One Step Lead Abatement
Sandblast additive delivered to jobsite pre-blended to eliminate hazardous abrasive wastes. Why mix, meter or apply at the job-site? Blast with ease and
Let your painters paint!
Jotachar JF750 - The Time Saving Solution
The only mesh free solution for jet fire scenarios. Jotachar saves installation time and material costs - the next generation of epoxy passive fire protection.
& Dust Collectors
Vacuum and dust collector hose, filters
and related accessories.
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 firstname.lastname@example.org
Humidity & Temperature Control Equipment
Rental Desiccant Dehumidifiers, ArcticDRY Units, Air Conditioners, Heaters and Generators to help control the climate on your next industrial painting project. Nationwide locations, 24/7 service: (866) 379-2600 www.drycogroup.com”
Global engineering-trusted solutions
For more than 70 years, Clemco has provided the highest quality blast equipment with a total commitment to comfort and safety.
The Tough Cable
for a Tough Industry.
Reduce maintenance costs and down time, increase job site safety with Enduroguard Cable. Available exclusively from SAFE Systems. UL listed, flexible, abrasion resistant and cut resistant.