Conduct field audits of organizations (e.g. coating contractors; blast and paint shops, coating inspection firms) to verify compliance with SSPC qualification procedures (e.g. QP 1, QP 2, QP 3, QP 5, QP 6, QP 8, QS 1, QN 1).
The successful candidate must be willing to work from home and travel extensively, primarily in North America. Travel is limited to the work week. Home weekends. Living near a major metropolitan airport preferred.
SSPC offers a comprehensive benefit package, paid time off and a competitive salary commensurate with a person’s qualifications and experience.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- SSPC Certified Protective Coating Specialist or equivalent; or SSPC or NACE Certified Level II Coatings Inspector in good standing.
- Meet training and experience requirements of SSPC Competent Person/Supervisor for Deleading of Industrial Structures plus a minimum of 5 years full time experience in the industrial protective coatings industry conducting technical quality audits, coating and lining inspection services or related work.
- Have formal auditor training on the principles of auditing (classroom or distance learning) or equivalent quality auditing experience.
- Must possess the ability to travel extensively by air, land and water; must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and be able to obtain security clearances to visit job sites at military installation, ports, petrochemical processing plans, etc.
- OSHA 30 or equivalent training; ability to wear a respirator and other Personal Protective Equipment, and navigate construction job sites, blast and paint shops and shipyards on a routine basis