The Tank Maintenance Supervisor leads a team of Tank Maintenance Engineers, and coordinates and reviews the periodic inspection and maintenance of all water storage tanks and associated cathodic protection, including managing quality maintenance programs, upgrades and troubleshooting for tanks in California, Hawaii, Washington and New Mexico.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises staff, including prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, overseeing training and development, and making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
- Supervises the maintenance of all water storage tanks, backwash tanks, surge tanks, hydro pneumatic tank and pipeline trestle bridges.
- Defines the maintenance vision and directs the tank maintenance engineers in the vision.
- Manages and coordinates tank painting projects.
- Monitors the quality and safety inspection of Company tanks.
- Develops and updates metrics and maintenance requirements for tank pressure vessels.
- Tours tank sites routinely to identify and establish cathodic protection projects and present justification for cathodic protection maintenance or replacement projects.
- Oversees testing and adjustment of tank cathodic protection devices.
- Manages installation of new Corrosion Protection projects.
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to maintaining water storage tanks.
- Writes justifications for and monitors Corrosion Protection projects for General Rate Case cycle.
- Participates in the Company’s Continuous Improvement program.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.