The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related science degree, have a minimum of 5 years of coatings experience, have an understanding of production and scale up, and have some knowledge of epoxy intumescent fireproofing chemistry.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop prototype formulations, manufacture laboratory scale batches, and test experimental product formulations, in accordance with established Industry or Carboline specifications, or ASTM testing protocols
• Prepare project requests or research proposals on assigned projects. Create ideas for new products or approaches and conduct individual investigations. Apply creative approach to problem solving and formulation.
• Execute laboratory projects and continuously assess effectiveness. Develop research findings, draw conclusions, and make recommendations. Prepare and present written and oral reports.
• Contribute to research programs of others through communications and participation in technical work groups and design teams.
• Responsible for meeting project goals within time, quality and budget constraints. Utilize initiative to keep projects on track.
• Coordinate work of others, anticipate, and resolve priority conflicts.
• Supervise efforts of technicians.
• Acquire and maintain technical expertise in coatings industry and its technologies.
• Understand and follow safety, technical, and quality procedures using Carboline or industry standards. Train others a required. Assure subordinates are trained and utilize appropriate procedures.
• Communicate and verify technical information directly to various departments, suppliers or customers.
Carboline Company offers an attractive benefits package and salary based on experience. To apply, please visit the Careers section of our website, www.carboline.com or e-mail resumes to email@example.com.