Specialty industrial contractor which provides services primarily throughout the Midwest in industrial coatings, insulation, and scaffold erection is currently seeking industrial painter foremen to join our growing company.
Candidates must be safety oriented and have a positive attitude. Experience in surface preparation, industrial painting and/or coatings required. Construction OSHA 30 hour training a plus. Ability to supervise crews, oversee projects for safe and timely completion. Candidates should possess good communication skills and be self-motivated. Salary based on experience. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 217-453-6645
Responsibilities include the following:
1. Able to communicate effectively with customers, inspectors, crewmembers and management.
2. Display good leadership abilities.
3. Be able to make responsible decisions concerning Company policies.
4. Be able to teach Apprentices and Painters.
5. Be able to effectively discuss employee related problems and possible solutions with the personnel office.
6. See that proper safety supplies and gear are available for your crew on the job. This includes hard hats, safety harnesses, respirators, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, MSDS sheets, etc.
7. Keep a continuous check on materials and equipment and notify the appropriate people of your needs, allowing enough time for delivery without a work stoppage, hot freight, or emergency trips by shop personnel.
8. Be able to use field coating inspection equipment.
9. Be able to do light to medium equipment repairs. This includes:
a) Repair of air & airless guns.
b) Replace or repair sandblast valves.
c) Make minor repairs on blast controls.
d) Repair sandblast hose ends.
e) Change fuel filter on compressor.
f) Perform preventive maintenance and fluid level check on equipment.
10. Understand company policies and see that all employees abide by the policy guidelines.
11. Implement the written scope of work for each job, giving proper attention to safety, quality control and production schedules. Accurately complete daily quality control inspection reports.
12. Ensure that proper safety procedures are followed and personal protective equipment is worn by all crewmembers at all times.
13. Maintain proper administrative records, including time card, foreman’s daily report and safety records.
14. Must be responsible for planning equipment needs and loading necessary equipment prior to a job so that lost production does not occur by making additional trips back to shop.