||TX - Houston TX
Our client is a leading, global provider of surface engineering solutions. Due to the company's growth they are looking for a Weld Engineer to join their team at their production facility in Houston, TX.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Stability – Our client has been servicing and providing cutting edge industrial coating solutions to a wide range of industries since 1923. The company has developed a solid base of global customers in industries ranging from Petrochemical and oil to marine and energy.
- Career Growth – As a leader and innovator our client provides plenty of opportunity for advancement and offers you a world class environment to grow professionally. You will be working side-by-side with the best-qualified, most highly-trained and experienced team in the coatings industry.
- Compensation and Benefits – Our client offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits program.
Position Summary and Requirements
Provides technical assistance on welding issues to support production and meet customer goals. Develop welding techniques, procedures and application methods using Laser and conventional welding technology. Establish and maintain welder certification and training programs. Compose procedures, specifications and data sheets to document and control welding process. Investigate problems and provide analysis along with solution options. Job duties fall under the categories of Quality, Production, Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Customer Support and R&D.
Job Duties: May include any of the following activities
- Write sub-tier quality manuals as required
- Conduct audits of weld quality
- Issue and disposition NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports)
- Issue and disposition CARs (Corrective Action Reports)
- Write and issue quality and/or inspection plans as they pertain to welds
- Conduct statistical analysis of quality data to determine if there are trends
- Review weld qualification test results
- Review mechanical test results
- Review material certifications
- Write and update quality procedures
- Reply to customer quality surveys on weld issues
- Issue and maintain FWG standard weld parameters (FWG-WPS)
- Develop weld parameter production record sheets and check lists
- Review MAR metallurgical analysis reports and comment
- Review customer specifications and procedures and report findings
- Specify procedures and testing required to meet customer expectations
- Investigate and answer customer generated non-conformance and corrective action reports
- Define operator training and qualification requirements
- Establish and maintain welder certification and training programs, as well as, other required documentation as it pertains to ASME section IX
- Issue and maintain operator and weld procedure qualification records
- Sketch / design masking, tooling and fixtures for production parts
- Sketch changes and modifications to components
- Troubleshoot production problems and provide resolution options
- Assist with recovery efforts after a production upset
- Develop welding procedures that meet customer requirements
- Documents weld procedure qualification process as defined by customer.
- Issue customer deviation reports.
- Specify equipment, equipment modifications and special weld instructions
- Draft and modify E2 quotes and routers
- Support infrastructure upgrades and modifications through analysis of present & projected activities, observations and research
- Support maintenance as required to maintain weld equipment
- Assist with directing welding personnel as required
- Work with vendors to specify, commission, maintain and repair weld equipment
- Perform weld shop walk through visual inspections
- Identify hazardous conditions in the weld shops and develop options to correct
- Identify risky behavior by individuals and report to shop supervision
- Prepare and assist with safety meetings
- Specify new safety equipment as it pertains to the weld shop
- Prepare and conduct specialized training when required for weld process
- Prepare job safety analysis to identify risks and procedures to mitigate those risks to an acceptable level
- Review PPE requirements and recommend changes as appropriate
- Maintain and update the Safety Manual weld process section
- Review MSDS for new materials, changes in material usage or where questions on employee exposure arise
- Review and recommend warning signs, door interlocks and other safety features to warn and protect employees, as required
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Answer customer inquiries
- Propose weld options to customer inquiries
- Prepare and maintain material data sheets and other technical documents intended for customer support
- Assist customer as required when regular contact is unavailable
- Meet with customers to discuss their needs and offer FWG solutions
- Develop welding techniques, procedures and application methods using Laser and conventional welding technology
- Design experiments and testing to validate products and marketing claims
- Write reports to detail what was done, results and conclusions
- Evaluate weld failures and develop plausible explanations along with possible solutions
- Travel as necessary to attend trade shows, training courses, customer visits, vendor visits or other activities that may be required.
- Evaluate and report on new technologies and techniques related to welding
Background Requirements and Experience
- Laser and laser processing knowledge
- Laser and/or PTA background a must
- Hardfacing background a must
- Experience with laser cladding
- Basic welding knowledge
- Automation and controls experience
- Experience with process monitoring
- “Hands on"
- Experience with NACE, API and ASME standards
- Strong materials background
- Min 5 year Mfg experience
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Certified Welding Instructor (a plus)
- Good network of industrial contacts
This job was originally posted on CareerBuilder.com. Original job posting
Apply for this job (via CareerBuilder.com)
E-mail this job listing to a friend
Robotic Blasting and Painting
When using the FasterBlaster and FasterPainter, blasting and painting can be conducted simultaneously. View the video for a full explanation of the operation.
Join SSPC and Enhance
Your Career !
ADVANCED RECYCLING SYSTEMS (ARS)
Recycling Machines, Dust Collectors,
Rapid Deployment units are time-tested
and approved for the rugged industrial
environment. Contact ARS today!
Sherwin-Williams Oil & Gas App
Our coatings and linings expertise available 24/7, allowing you to explore the best Sherwin-Williams solutions for oil refineries, shale drilling sites, and offshore. Android users
click here. Download today!
New resins from BASF will have metals loving water!
Excellent corrosion resistance,
low VOC, high gloss, thin films
We Protect and Beautify the World
PPG is widely recognized as a world leader in protective and marine coatings, developing innovative, cutting-edge products and services.
We offer professional, turnkey
service and unparalleled quality!
Our process can save hundreds—
even thousands of dollars.
It's fast, environmentally safe
and 100% guaranteed.
NO FLASH RUST - NO CONTAMINANTS
Our HoldTight®102 salt remover & flash rust
preventer prevents flash
rust by removing surface contaminants. Contact us
(800) 319.8802 email@example.com
Safety, Productivity, Quality. Robotic Blasting
Learn how this simple to use, field deployed, automatic robot is eliminating hazards in major confined, cluttered and complex surface preparation projects.
TIER 4 EQUIPMENT
We have Tier 4 Equipment including Air Compressors &
Generators for Sale & Rent! Your job may now require Tier-4. www.absoluteequip.com or Call 412-931-6655.