The Hempel Group is a leader in the production and sales of protective coatings within the marine, container, yacht, decorative and protective market segments. Hempel is a global company with headquarters in Denmark and has 24 factories, 47 sales offices, 3 main and 5 regional research and development centers and more than 130 distribution points strategically located around the world. We are on an exciting journey towards being THE world leader of our industry.
Engineering Sales Manager – Protective Coatings
We are currently seeking an Engineering Sales Manager to join our team in Houston, TX. This person will identify, research, evaluate and pursue domestic business development opportunities that will contribute to the organization’s short- and long-term business goals for the energy sector by way of obtaining Hempel specifications with upstream and downstream O&G companies.
- Coordinate and drive all the major domestic protective business that is influenced by American companies and create a Hempel specification base in North America
- Identify, establish and ensure excellent contacts with key American companies
- Ensure that Hempel is specified by the most suitable and competitive systems of owners, engineering firms and applicators
- Proactively identify, track and coordinate projects, always involving the relevant colleagues and functions
- Secure orders for the projects/customers that are in the target list
- Initiate and execute networking events (customer seminars and other) based on a well-defined yearly plan
- Understand and capitalize Hempel’s strengths against key competitors in the market
- Manage requests for support that are originated by other Hempel companies overseas
- Ensure the information on all activities regarding customers/projects is available to the company and that all relevant colleagues are properly involved