Textured Coatings of America, Inc., a 51 year old high-performance architectural paint and coatings manufacturer is seeking a hands-on candidate for position of bench chemist and/or technical director for its Panama City, FL facility or possibly its Los Angeles, CA facility for the right candidate.
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar scientific discipline
· 5-10 years experience in development and formulation of paints and coatings
· Experience in waterborne, low V.O.C, high-build architectural coatings. Experience with roof coatings and 2K a plus
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
· Ability to generate and interpret technical reports
· Experience with environmental reporting, safety, process improvement, quality control of production batches, and general troubleshooting.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher preferred.
· Work directly with company CEO and staff to develop innovative products that can capture new market shares.
· Offer technical support to outside sales force and customers.
· Oversee the development of new products from project design to plant scale-up.
· Ensure that projects are prioritized and completed in a timely fashion according target dates.
· Work closely with production in order to resolve product and/or processing issues.
· Manage all environmental reporting requirements and maintain necessary records.
· Work closely with vendors to maintain knowledge of new technologies and coordinate projects as required.
· Implement and maintain procedures and policies that will offer company-wide efficiency improvements.
· Conduct annual performance reviews for R & D personnel.
· Organize and conduct biweekly technical meetings to discuss R & D projects.
Competitive salary and benefit package including 401k and health, dental and vision insurance. Over 2,000 square foot lab facility at Panama City location. See www.texcote.com for additional company and product information.