Vatterott College has an exciting new opportunity for a CDL (Certified Drivers License) Instructor. This position is responsible for delivering educational material for the driving portion of the CDL academic program of study. Specific responsibilities include:
- Teaches college-level courses.
- Prepares standardized course syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans and submits them to the Program Director no later than two weeks prior to the end of the term.
- Ensures each course syllabus contains a student project requiring the use of online library resources or the campus Learning Resource Center.
- Provides and reviews the course syllabus and outline with students on the first day of class. Maintains and ensures consistency between the course objectives and the daily lesson plans. Provides and discusses syllabus modifications with students throughout the term.
- Update and maintain current and accurate course information, including the course syllabus, for the faculty resource center
- Continuous maintenance of the e-companion course shell including grades, course assignments, activities, and other relevant course content. Maintains accurate records of attendance, grades, progress of students, and reports the same in a timely manner to manager.
- Prepares and administers examinations, student projects, and other teaching aids needed to fulfill objectives of program. Sets up classroom, lab equipment, projects, assignments, etc in preparation for each new phase or class start.
- Maintains clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
- Attends all scheduled in-service activities, program advisory meetings, monthly program faculty meetings, campus staff and faculty meetings.
- Submits an annual professional development plan to the Campus Director and/or Director of Education by December 1 for the next calendar year.
- Completes all scheduled/assigned activities in support of the current year individual faculty development plan. Submits documentation of completed professional development activities to the Campus Director and/or Director of Education before December 1 each calendar year.
- Communicates program supply, equipment and staffing needs to the Program Director or Director of Education prior to the beginning of each term or as needed.
- Serve as an Academic Advisor to an assigned list of students throughout their academic career at Vatterott. Minimum of one appointment per term must be scheduled for each student.
- Documented tutoring and advising of academically struggling students (below 70%) in your course must be completed on a weekly basis. May include directing students to non-academic campus resources (retention, financial aid, registrar, etc.).
- Ensures classroom management and enforcement of school regulations and student code of conduct.
- Participates in graduation ceremonies and other school events as required.
- Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
- Consents to faculty classroom observations to be conducted in person and/or by electronic recording each term.
- Serve as a new faculty mentor as assigned.